The Iowa State Cyclones (2-19) are expected to continue a 15-game losing streak when they visit the No. 18 Texas Tech Red Raiders (16-8) as 17-point underdogs at 7:00 PM ET on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at United Supermarkets Arena. The matchup airs on ESPN+. The point total is set at 136.5 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Iowa State (+17)||Over (136.5)||Texas Tech 78 Iowa State 62|
- In nine of 24 outings (37.5%) this year, the Red Raiders and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 136.5 points.
- Iowa State and its opponents have combined to score more than 136.5 points in 16 of 21 outings (76.2%) this season.
- The Red Raiders and the Cyclones combine to average 2.7 more points per game than the total of 136.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 139.6 points per game, 3.1 more than the over/under in this game.
- The Red Raiders average point total in matchups this season is 135.6, 0.9 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average total for Cyclones games this season is 6.8 more points than the point total of 136.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Red Raiders score just four fewer points per game (73) than the Cyclones allow (77).
- When Texas Tech puts up more than 77 points, it is 5-0 against the spread and 9-2 overall.
- Iowa State has a 6-9 record against the spread and a 0-15 record overall when allowing more than 73 points.
- The Cyclones score an average of 66.2 points per game, only 3.6 more points than the 62.6 the Red Raiders give up.
- Iowa State has gone 1-14 overall and 7-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 62.6 points.
- Texas Tech’s record is 4-6 overall and 2-8 against the spread when it allows more than 66.2 points to its opponents.
- The Red Raiders have out-scored their opponents by a total of 248 points this season (10.4 points per game on average), and opponents of the Cyclones have out-scored them by 227 more points on the year (10.8 per game).
Texas Tech Betting Information
- Texas Tech has not fared well against the spread this season, posting an 8-15 record.
- The Red Raiders have posted a winning record of 3-2 against the spread when the spread is -17 or bigger.
- The Red Raiders have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 11 of 23 contests this season, a rate of 47.8%
Iowa State Betting Information
- Iowa State has a losing record against the spread, going 8-13 ATS (covering just 38.1% of the time).
- The Cyclones have not fared well as a 17-point underdog, going 0-2 against the spread when they are at least 17-point underdogs.
- Iowa State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 61.9% of matchups this season (13 out of 21 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2021||Texas Tech||-8||134||-384||+296||Regular Season||91-64 TTU|
|2/22/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-57 TTU|
|1/18/2020||Texas Tech||-7.5||136.5||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-52 TTU|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-73 TTU|
|1/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-64 IAST|
Texas Tech Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Red Raiders this season is Mac McClung, who averages 16.3 points, 2.8 rebounds, and 2.4 assists per game.
- Marcus Santos-Silva leads Texas Tech in rebounding, averaging 6.4 per game, while Kyler Edwards leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.7 in each contest.
- Edwards leads the Red Raiders in three-point shooting with an average of 1.8 threes per game.
- Kevin McCullar is the Red Raiders leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Santos-Silva leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
Iowa State Leaders
- Rasir Bolton paces the Cyclones scoring, rebounding and assists leaderboards, averaging 15.4 points, 4.9 rebounds and 3.9 assists per game.
- Jalen Coleman-Lands leads his teammates on the Cyclones with 2.4 made threes per game.
- Tre Jackson (1.4 steals per game) and Javan Johnson (1.1 blocks per game) pace the Cyclones in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED