The No. 18 Texas Tech Red Raiders (14-8) will look to halt a three-game losing streak when they host the No. 14 Texas Longhorns (14-6) on Saturday, February 27, 2021 at United Supermarkets Arena as just 3-point favorites. The matchup airs at 12:00 PM ET on CBS. The matchup has an over/under of 136 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Texas (+3)||Over (136)||Texas Tech 71 Texas 70|
- In 11 of 22 games (50%) this season, the Red Raiders and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s point total of 136 points.
- Texas has played in 16 games this season (out of 20 total matchups — 80% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 136 points.
- These two teams average a combined 149.1 points per game, 13.1 more points than the total of 136 set for this game.
- The Red Raiders and the Longhorns have seen their opponents average a combined 3.9 fewer points per game than the point total of 136 set for this matchup.
- The average total the Red Raiders have had set in games this year is 0.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Longhorns games this year is 8.3 more points than the point total of 136 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Red Raiders average just 4.7 more points per game (73.4) than the Longhorns give up (68.7).
- Texas Tech is 12-4 overall and 6-0 against the spread when scoring more than 68.7 points.
- Texas is 3-5 overall and 0-8 against the spread in games when it allows more than 73.4 points.
- The Longhorns’ 75.7 points per game are 12.3 more points than the 63.4 the Red Raiders give up.
- Texas is 14-6 overall and 7-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 63.4 points.
- Texas Tech has a 1-3 record overall and an ATS record of 1-3 in games when its opponents score more than 75.7 points.
- The Red Raiders have totaled 220 more points than their opponents this season (10.0 per game on average), and the Longhorns have scored 140 more points than their opponents (seven per game).
Texas Tech Betting Information
- Texas Tech has covered in just six of 21 matchups this season.
- The Red Raiders have struggled to cover, going just 5-11 ATS when favored by at least 3 points.
- Texas Tech has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 11 of 21 games for a 52.4% rate.
Texas Betting Information
- Texas has covered the spread in fewer than half of its games, going 7-13 ATS.
- When they play as at least 3-point underdogs, the Longhorns have a record ATS of 3-8.
- Texas has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 65% of matchups this year (13 out of 20 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/13/2021||Texas Tech||-0.5||130.5||-105||-115||Regular Season||79-77 TTU|
|2/29/2020||Texas Tech||-11||126||-780||+500||Regular Season||68-58 UT|
|2/8/2020||Texas Tech||-2.5||130||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||62-57 TTU|
|3/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-51 TTU|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-62 TTU|
Texas Tech Leaders
- The Red Raiders scoring leader is Mac McClung, who averages 16.9 per contest to go with 2.8 rebounds and 2.3 assists.
- Kevin McCullar is Texas Tech’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.6 per game, while Kyler Edwards is its best passer, distributing 2.6 assists in each contest.
- McClung makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Red Raiders, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 1.8 per outing.
- McCullar and Marcus Santos-Silva lead the Red Raiders on the defensive end, with McCullar leading the team in steals averaging 1.6 per game and Santos-Silva in blocks averaging 1.1 per contest.
- Andrew Jones is at the top of the Longhorns scoring leaderboard with 15.4 points per game. He also collects 5.0 rebounds and averages 2.1 assists per game.
- The Texas leaders in rebounding and assists are Greg Brown III with 7.4 rebounds per game (he also adds 10.9 points and 0.3 assists per game) and Matt Coleman III with 4.3 assists per game (he also tacks on 13.0 points and 3.9 rebounds per game).
- Jones hits more threes per game than any other member of the Longhorns, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.1 per outing.
- Texas’ leader in steals is Coleman with 1.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Brown with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED