The UAB Blazers (10-2) are at home in C-USA action against the Rice Owls (10-4) on Friday, January 22, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET. The Blazers are favored by 9 points in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The point total in the matchup is set at 140.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UAB (-9)||Under (140)||UAB 76 Rice 62|
- The Blazers and their opponents have put up more than 140 points in 25% of their outings this season (three of 12 opportunities).
- Rice has combined with its opponents to score more than 140 points in eight of 14 opportunities (57.1%) this year.
- The Blazers and the Owls combine to average 13.5 more points per game than the total of 140 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 12.6 less points per game (127.4) than this game’s over/under of 140 points.
- The Blazers average point total in matchups this year is 130.7, 9.3 points below the total in this game.
- The average over/under for Owls games this year is 10.3 more points than the point total of 140 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Blazers record 74.2 points per contest, just 3.2 more points than the 71 the Owls surrender to opponents.
- UAB is 4-0 against the spread and 7-0 overall when scoring more than 71 points.
- Rice has a 1-3 record against the spread and a 2-2 record overall in games when it allows more than 74.2 points.
- The Owls average 22.9 more points per game (79.3) than the Blazers allow their opponents to score (56.4).
- Rice has compiled a 10-4 overall record and a 7-0-1 ATS record in games it scores more than 56.4 points.
- UAB is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when it gives up more than 79.3 points.
- The Blazers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 214 points this season (17.8 points per game on average), and the Owls have put up 116 more points than their opponents on the year (8.3 per game).
UAB Betting Information
- Against the spread, UAB has been strong this season, posting a 6-4 record.
- The Blazers fare well when favored by at least 9 points, posting a 4-3 record against the spread.
- UAB and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 3 of 10 games this season (30%).
Rice Betting Information
- The Owls have a winning record against the spread, going 7-3-1 ATS (covering 63.6% of the time).
- When they play as at least 9-point underdogs, the Owls have a record ATS of 1-1.
- Rice and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 3 of 11 (27.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2020||UAB||-7||138||-321||+250||Regular Season||86-72 RICE|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||89-86 UAB|
- The scoring leader for the Blazers this season is Michael Ertel, who averages 13.2 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 1.1 assists per game.
- Trey Jemison leads UAB in rebounding, averaging 7.5 per game, while Tavin Lovan leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.7 in each contest.
- Jalen Benjamin leads the Blazers in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.5 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Quan Jackson and Jemison lead UAB on the defensive end, with Jackson leading the team in steals averaging 3.3 per game and Jemison in blocks averaging 2.3 per contest.
- Max Fiedler racks up 9.4 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game, placing him at the top of the Owls’ rebound and assists leaderboards.
- Quincy Olivari counts for 15.7 points per game, making him the top scorer on Rice’s squad.
- Travis Evee hits more threes per game than any other member of the Owls, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 3.4 per contest.
- The Owls’ leader in steals is Evee with 1.4 per game, and Fiedler is their leader in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Northwestern Wildcats vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Liberty Flames vs. North Alabama Lions: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Drake Bulldogs: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview