The UAB Blazers (7-1) are at home in C-USA play against the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (5-4) on Friday, January 8, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET. The Blazers are double-digit favorites by 13.5 points in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The point total for the matchup is set at 131.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UAB (-13.5)||Under (131.5)||UAB 74 Southern Miss 56|
- In 75% of their games this season (six of eight chances), the Blazers and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s point total of 131.5 points.
- Southern Miss and its opponents have combined to score more than 131.5 points in four of nine outings (44.4%) this season.
- These two teams average a combined 144.5 points per game, 13.0 more points than the total of 131.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 118.7 points per game, 12.8 fewer than the point total for this game.
- The average point total for Blazers games this season is 5.1 more points than the over/under of 131.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Golden Eagles games this season is 4.8 fewer points than the point total of 131.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 80.1 points per game the Blazers put up are 17.9 more points than the Golden Eagles give up (62.2).
- When UAB scores more than 62.2 points, it is 7-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread.
- In games when Southern Miss allows more than 80.1 points, it is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall.
- The Golden Eagles’ 64.4 points per game are 7.9 more points than the 56.5 the Blazers give up.
- Southern Miss has compiled a 5-2 overall record and a 4-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 56.5 points.
- UAB’s record is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it gives up more than 64.4 points.
- The Blazers have put up a total of 189 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 23.6 per game), and the Golden Eagles have out-scored opponents by 20 points on the season (2.2 more per game).
UAB Betting Information
- UAB is strong against the spread, going 5-1 on the season.
- When favored by at least 13.5 points, the Blazers have fared well against the spread, putting up a 4-0 record.
- The Blazers have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 1 of 6 games (16.7%).
Southern Miss Betting Information
- Southern Miss has a 4-3 record against the spread, covering in 57.1% of their matchups.
- The Golden Eagles and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 3 of 7 (42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2020||UAB||-9||123.5||-498||+364||Regular Season||84-77 SOUMIS|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-72 UAB|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-68 SOUMIS|
- Michael Ertel leads the Blazers in scoring, tallying 14.5 points per game to go with 3.5 rebounds and 0.9 assists.
- Trey Jemison is the Blazers leading rebounder, pulling down 8.3 per game, while Tyreek Scott-Grayson is their best passer, averaging 1.8 assists in each contest.
- Jalen Benjamin paces his teammates on the Blazers with 2.6 made threes per contest.
- Quan Jackson and Jemison lead UAB on the defensive end, with Jackson leading the team in steals averaging 3.3 per game and Jemison in blocks averaging 3.0 per contest.
Southern Miss Leaders
- The Golden Eagles’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Tyler Stevenson with 11.8 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.
- Tae Hardy dishes out 3.2 assists per game, the most assists on the Golden Eagles.
- LaDavius Draine is the most prolific from distance for the Golden Eagles, hitting 2.3 threes per game.
- Southern Miss’ leader in steals is Hardy with 1.6 per game, and its leader in blocks is Tyler Morman with 0.3 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found