The No. 2 seed UC Irvine Anteaters (16-8) are 15-point favorites in the Big West Tournament quarterfinals against the No. 10 seed Cal Poly Mustangs (4-19) on Thursday at Mandalay Bay Event Center. The contest tips off at 8:00 PM ET and airs on ESPN3, with both teams hoping to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UC Irvine (-15)||Over (126.5)||UC Irvine 74 Cal Poly 59|
- In 17 of 24 games (70.8%) this season, the Anteaters and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s point total of 126.5 points.
- Cal Poly and its opponents have combined to score at least 126.5 points in 65.2% of their matchups this year (15 of 23 chances).
- These teams average a combined 135 points per game, 8.5 more points than the over/under of 126.5 set for this game.
- The Anteaters and the Mustangs have seen their opponents average a combined 8.3 more points per game than the point total of 126.5 set for this matchup.
- The average point total for Anteaters games this season is 9.8 more points than the total of 126.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Mustangs this season is 6.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Anteaters score just 1.6 more points per game (73) than the Mustangs give up (71.4).
- UC Irvine is 6-0 against the spread and 11-1 overall when scoring more than 71.4 points.
- Cal Poly has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 1-7 record overall when allowing more than 73 points.
- The Mustangs score an average of 62 points per game, only 1.4 fewer points than the 63.4 the Anteaters allow to opponents.
- Cal Poly has compiled a 4-5 overall record and a 7-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 63.4 points.
- UC Irvine’s record is 3-9 against the spread and 6-7 overall when it allows more than 62 points.
- The Anteaters have put up a total of 230 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 9.6 per game), while the Mustangs have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 216 total points, -9.4 per game).
UC Irvine Betting Information
- Against the spread, UC Irvine has been strong this season, posting a 10-9 record.
- The Anteaters fare well when favored by at least 15 points, posting a 2-0 record against the spread.
- UC Irvine and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 9 of 19 games this season (47.4%).
Cal Poly Betting Information
- The Mustangs record against the spread is 10-10.
- In most of Mustangs games this year, the teams have not hit the over (5 out of 20 games, 25%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2021||UC Irvine||-16.5||132||-2378||+1078||Regular Season||67-44 UCI|
|1/22/2021||UC Irvine||-16||135.5||-2381||+1028||Regular Season||68-49 UCI|
|2/27/2020||UC Irvine||-11.5||137||-842||+546||Regular Season||82-76 UCI|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-67 UCI|
UC Irvine Leaders
- Collin Welp leads the Anteaters in scoring and rebounding, putting up 14.8 points and 7.7 boards per game.
- Isaiah Lee is UC Irvine’s best passer, dishing out 2.1 assists per game while scoring 4.9 PPG.
- DJ Davis connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Anteaters, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 1.0 per outing.
- Welp and Brad Greene lead UC Irvine on the defensive end, with Welp leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Greene in blocks averaging 1.8 per contest.
Cal Poly Leaders
- Alimamy Koroma has the top spot on the Mustangs leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 13.3 points and 5.6 rebounds per game.
- The Mustangs’ leading assist machine is Keith Smith with a stat line of 3.9 assists, 5.6 points, and 2.8 rebounds per game.
- Mark Crowe paces his teammates on the Mustangs with 2.0 made threes per contest.
- Cal Poly’s leader in steals is Smith with 1.4 per game, and its leader in blocks is Koroma with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED