The Long Beach State Beach (5-9) host the UC Irvine Anteaters (14-8) as 9.5-point underdogs after Michael Carter III put up 20 points in the Beach 79-76 loss to Hawaii. The matchup airs on ESPN3 at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, March 5, 2021. The matchup’s point total is set at 142.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Long Beach State (+9.5)||Over (142)||UC Irvine 76 Long Beach State 67|
- The Anteaters and their opponents have totaled at least 142 points — this matchup’s over/under — in eight of 22 outings (36.4%) this season.
- Long Beach State and its opponents have added up to score more than 142 points in 85.7% of their games this year (12 of 14 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 4.6 more points per game (146.6) than this game’s over/under of 142 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 144 points per game, two more than the point total in this game.
- The average point total in Anteaters games this season is 5.5 less points than the total of 142 in this matchup.
- Beach games this year have averaged an over/under of 154.1 points, 12.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Anteaters record 7.6 fewer points per game (73) than the Beach give up (80.6).
- When UC Irvine puts up more than 80.6 points, it is 4-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- Long Beach State has a 5-4 record against the spread and a 3-8 record overall when allowing more than 73 points.
- The Beach score 10.2 more points per game (73.6) than the Anteaters allow their opponents to score (63.4).
- When it scores more than 63.4 points, Long Beach State is 6-0 against the spread and 5-7 overall.
- UC Irvine has a 1-4 record overall and an ATS record of 1-4 in games when its opponents put up more than 73.6 points.
- The Anteaters have out-scored their opponents by a total of 212 points this season (9.6 points per game on average), and opponents of the Beach have out-scored them by 98 more points on the year (seven per game).
UC Irvine Betting Information
- Against the spread, UC Irvine has been strong this season, posting a 9-8 record.
- When favored by at least 9.5 points, the Anteaters have fared well against the spread, putting together a 4-1 record.
- More often than not, UC Irvine and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 9 of 17 chances this season.
Long Beach State Betting Information
- The Beach have an even record against the spread, going 6-6 ATS.
- In the majority of Long Beach State’s games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (9 out of 12 games, 75%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/19/2020||UC Irvine||-15||142.5||-1680||+883||Regular Season||70-55 UCI|
|1/22/2020||UC Irvine||-10||142||-569||+400||Regular Season||63-56 LBST|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-80 UCI|
|1/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-70 LBST|
UC Irvine Leaders
- The Anteaters leader in points and rebounds is Collin Welp, who scores 14.9 points and grabs 7.7 rebounds per game.
- Isaiah Lee is UC Irvine’s best passer, distributing 2.2 assists per game while scoring 4.9 PPG.
- Jeron Artest leads the Anteaters in three-point shooting with an average of 1.0 three per game.
- The UC Irvine steals leader is Welp, who averages 1.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Brad Greene, who compiles 1.7 rejections per contest.
Long Beach State Leaders
- Isaiah Washington’s points (14.8 per game) and assists (4.3 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Beach’s leaderboards.
- Chance Hunter is at the top of the Long Beach State rebounding leaderboard with 5.6 rebounds per game. He also notches 12.1 points and adds 1.3 assists per game.
- Jadon Jones provides the bulk of the Beach’s three-point shooting production. He hits 1.6 threes per game to pace the team.
- Michael Carter III (1.3 steals per game) and Joe Hampton (1.0 block per game) pace the Beach in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED