Big East opponents meet when the UConn Huskies (9-5) host the Providence Friars (11-10) at Gampel Pavilion, beginning at 6:30 PM ET on Tuesday, February 16, 2021. The Friars are 5.5-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under set at 133 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Huskies and their opponents have combined to score more than 133 points in 50% of their outings this year (seven of 14 opportunities).
- Providence and its opponents have combined to score more than 133 points in 14 of 21 outings (66.7%) this year.
- The Huskies and the Friars combine to average nine more points per game than the total of 133 set for this game.
- The Huskies and the Friars have seen their opponents average a combined 2.4 more points per game than the point total of 133 set in this game.
- The Huskies average point total in outings this year is 136.5, 3.5 points higher than the total in this game.
- Friars games this season have averaged an over/under of 140.9 points, 7.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 71.1 points the Huskies record per game are just 1.1 more points than the Friars allow (70).
- UConn is 4-3 overall and 5-0 against the spread when scoring more than 70 points.
- Providence is 2-5 against the spread and 2-6 overall when allowing more than 71.1 points.
- The Friars score 5.5 more points per game (70.9) than the Huskies give up (65.4).
- Providence is 8-0 against the spread and 9-5 overall when it scores more than 65.4 points.
- UConn has a 2-4 record overall and an ATS record of 4-2 in games when its opponents put up more than 70.9 points.
- The Huskies have scored a total of 81 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 5.7 per game), and the Friars have out-scored opponents by 20 points on the season (0.9 more per game).
UConn Betting Information
- The Huskies have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 9-4 record.
- The Huskies fare well when favored by at least 5.5 points, posting a 3-2 record against the spread.
- In 7 of 13 (53.8%) contests this season, UConn and its opponents have hit the over.
Providence Betting Information
- The Friars record against the spread is 10-10.
- The Friars have gone 2-2 against the spread when they are at least a 5.5-point underdog.
- The Friars and their opponents have hit the over in half of their matchups this season — 10 of 20.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/10/2021||UConn||-2.5||131||-140||+118||Regular Season||70-59 PROV|
- Tyrese Martin leads the Huskies in scoring and rebounding, tallying 12.1 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
- R.J. Cole leads UConn in assists, averaging 4.2 per game while also scoring 12.1 points per contest.
- The Huskies get the most three-point shooting production out of Tyler Polley, who makes 1.8 threes per game.
- Martin is UConn’s leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Isaiah Whaley leads them in blocks with 2.9 per contest.
- The Friars’ David Duke racks up enough points (17.4 per game) and assists (4.9 per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- Providence’s Nate Watson stats (6.8 rebounds per game, 17.2 points per game, 0.7 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Duke’s 2.0 made threes per game lead the Friars.
- Duke (1.2 steals per game) and Watson (0.9 blocks per game) lead the Friars in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Jackson State Tigers vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs: 3/4/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/4/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Portland State Vikings: 3/4/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Austin Peay Governors 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends