While we can look at the rankings and get a basic idea of which teams are in the hunt for a National Championship, the reality is that they don’t really tell the whole story. Given the nature of this season, some teams have played a handful more games than others. Those who have been forced to miss games during the pandemic probably have a tougher time putting a positive run together with their schedule being so disjointed. That is certainly the case with the UConn Huskies right now, but they are clinging to their spot in the top 25. This weekend, they will be on the road to face the Creighton Bluejays in what looks to be a very good Big East matchup. The College Basketball odds for this one should hit the board on Saturday morning.
UConn Huskies at Creighton Bluejays Game Info
- When: Saturday, January 23 at 12 PM EST
- Where: CHI Health Center, Omaha
- TV: FOX
- NCAAB Odds: TBD
Why bet on the UConn Huskies
The Huskies came into this week with 3 games on their schedule after their game against Villanova last week was postponed. They had been on a good run, winning 4 in a row to get to 7-1 on the season, but they lost their momentum and fell 74-70 at home to St. John’s before seeing their next game also get postponed. They now need to try and bounce back to potentially avoid falling out of the top 25, and the good news is that they are a perfect 4-0 ATS when playing a game after 4 or more days off. They are also 3-0 ATS in road games this season. Things are not quite so clear cut when it comes to the point total, with the Huskies at 3-3 O/U in conference games this season.
Why bet on the Creighton Bluejays
If any team could use a win right now, it is the Creighton Bluejays, who have fallen to 10-4 on the season after losing back-to-back games. They were perhaps a little unlucky to lose in OT on the road to Butler, but they will certainly be disappointed with their home loss to Providence earlier in the week. Those losses mean that they are now 6-3 in conference play, which leaves them a half game back of Villanova, who have yet to lose to a Big East opponent. The Bluejays have not been a great bet against the spread this season, going 4-5 ATS at home. They are, though, 2-1 ATS in games immediately following a loss. The OVER has hit in 5 of their 9 games at home this season, but it has been a toss-up all year, with their overall O/U record sitting at 7-7.
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
Without knowing the odds, it is tough to make any predictions other than picking a straight up winner. While they are on a bit of a losing skid right now, I still think Creighton comes out and gets the win on Saturday night.
Pick: UConn Huskies 63 Creighton Bluejays 68
College Basketball Betting News
- Little Rock Trojans vs. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Louisiana Tech Bulldogs vs. Rice Owls: 2/26/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Utah Valley Wolverines vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros: 2/26/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. Tarleton State Texans: 2/26/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Southern Miss Golden Eagles: 2/26/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview