The Cal Poly Mustangs (3-17) will try to end a seven-game losing streak when they visit the UCSB Gauchos (16-4) on Friday, March 5, 2021 at The Thunderdome as heavy, 20-point underdogs. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN3. The matchup’s point total is set at 130.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UCSB (-20)||Over (130)||UCSB 79 Cal Poly 55|
- In 65% of their opportunities this season (13 of 20 chances), the Gauchos and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 130 points.
- Cal Poly has played in 12 games this year (out of 20 total matchups — 60% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 130 points.
- The two teams average a combined 5.4 more points per game (135.4) than this game’s over/under of 130 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.2 more points per game (134.2) than this game’s over/under of 130 points.
- The average over/under the Gauchos have had set in matchups this season is 7.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under in Mustangs games this year is 2.4 more points than the point total of 130 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74 points the Gauchos put up per game are only three more points than the Mustangs give up (71).
- UCSB is 11-1 overall and 7-0 against the spread when scoring more than 71 points.
- Cal Poly has a 3-2 record against the spread and a 0-7 record overall when allowing more than 74 points.
- The Mustangs score just 1.8 fewer points than the Gauchos give up (63.2).
- Cal Poly is 6-0 against the spread and 3-5 overall when it scores more than 63.2 points.
- UCSB is 4-7 against the spread and 7-4 overall when it gives up more than 61.4 points.
- The Gauchos have scored a total of 215 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 10.8 per game), while the Mustangs have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 191 total points, -9.6 per game).
UCSB Betting Information
- UCSB is solid against the spread, going 10-8 this season.
- Gauchos games have played to the total or above 9 times in 18 games this season.
Cal Poly Betting Information
- The Mustangs have a 7-10 record against the spread, covering in just 41.2% of their games.
- The Mustangs and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this year — 4 of 17 (23.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||UCSB||-13||135||-1153||+684||Regular Season||69-67 USCB|
|1/8/2020||UCSB||-9.5||131.5||-560||+386||Regular Season||63-45 USCB|
- The leader in points and assists for the Gauchos is JaQuori McLaughlin, who scores 16.0 points and dishes out 5.4 assists per game.
- Amadou Sow leads the Gauchos in rebounding, grabbing 7.3 boards per game while also scoring 12.6 points a contest.
- Ajare Sanni makes more threes per game than any other member of the Gauchos, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.8 per contest.
- Devearl Ramsey is UCSB’s leader in steals, averaging 1.8 steals per game, while Miles Norris leads them in blocks with 1.0 per contest.
Cal Poly Leaders
- Alimamy Koroma holds the top spot on the Mustangs leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 13.1 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.
- Keith Smith records more assists than any other Cal Poly teammate with 3.6 per game. He also averages 5.2 points and pulls down 2.7 rebounds per game.
- Mark Crowe’s 2.0 made threes per game lead the Mustangs.
- Cal Poly’s leader in steals is Smith (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Koroma (1.2 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED