The No. 1 seed UCSB Gauchos (18-4) are favored by 14 points in their Big West Tournament quarterfinal matchup against the No. 9 seed Long Beach State Beach (6-11) on Thursday at Mandalay Bay Event Center, tipping off at 2:00 PM ET on ESPN3. The winner will move one step closer to earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Long Beach State (+14)||Over (140)||UCSB 78 Long Beach State 65|
- In 40.9% of their games this season (nine of 22 chances), the Gauchos and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 140 points.
- Long Beach State and its opponents have added up to score at least 140 points in 76.5% of their games this year (13 of 17 chances).
- The Gauchos and the Beach combine to average 6.7 more points per game than the over/under of 140 set for this game.
- The Gauchos and the Beach have seen their opponents average a combined one more point per game than the over/under of 140 set for this outing.
- The Gauchos average point total in matchups this year is 136.2, 3.8 points less than the total in this game.
- Beach games this season have averaged an over/under of 151.5 points, 11.5 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.7 points per game the Gauchos record are only 4.8 fewer points than the Beach give up (78.5).
- UCSB is 7-0 overall and 4-0 against the spread when scoring more than 78.5 points.
- In games when Long Beach State allows more than 73.7 points, it is 5-4 against the spread and 3-8 overall.
- The Beach score 10.5 more points per game (73) than the Gauchos allow their opponents to score (62.5).
- In games it scores more than 62.5 points, Long Beach State is 8-0 against the spread and 6-8 overall.
- UCSB’s record is 2-3 overall and 0-5 against the spread when it gives up more than 73 points to its opponents.
- The Gauchos have scored a total of 245 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 11.2 per game), while the Beach have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 94 total points, -5.5 per game).
UCSB Betting Information
- The Gauchos are 10-10 against the spread this season.
- The Gauchos have struggled to cover, going just 1-3 ATS when favored by at least 14 points.
- UCSB and its opponents have converted the over just 9 times in 20 (45%) games this season.
Long Beach State Betting Information
- The Beach have an 8-7 record against the spread, covering in 53.3% of their games.
- In the majority of Long Beach State’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (9 out of 15 games, 60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-62 USCB|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||55-52 LBST|
|2/28/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-64 LBST|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-71 USCB|
- The leader in points and assists for the Gauchos is JaQuori McLaughlin, who scores 15.6 points and dishes out 5.4 assists per game.
- Amadou Sow is UCSB’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 7.5 boards in each contest while scoring 13.0 points per game.
- Ajare Sanni makes more threes per game than any other member of the Gauchos, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.9 per contest.
- Devearl Ramsey is UCSB’s leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Miles Norris leads them in blocks with 1.0 per contest.
Long Beach State Leaders
- Michael Carter III racks up 14.8 points per game and is the top scorer for the Beach.
- Long Beach State’s leader in rebounds is Chance Hunter with 5.9 per game, and its leader in assists is Isaiah Washington with 4.4 per game.
- Hunter’s 1.7 made threes per game lead the Beach.
- Long Beach State’s leader in steals is Carter (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Joe Hampton (0.9 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED