The UMass Minutemen (2-2) host the La Salle Explorers (3-5) as 5-point favorites after Carl Pierre put up 23 points in the Minutemen 93-88 loss to Bryant. The game airs on NBCS at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 9, 2021. The matchup has a point total of 145.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UMass (-5)||Over (145.5)||UMass 79 La Salle 72|
- In 100% of their opportunities this season (four of four chances), the Minutemen and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s point total of 145.5 points.
- La Salle and its opponents have added up to score more than 145.5 points in 37.5% of their matchups this season (three of eight opportunities).
- The Minutemen and the Explorers combine to average 5.1 more points per game than the total of 145.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 147.4 points per game, 1.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Minutemen have had set in matchups this season is 19.0 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Explorers games this year have averaged an over/under of 133.5 points, 12.0 less than the point total in this matchup.
UMass Betting Information
- The Minutemen are 2-2 against the spread this season.
- The Minutemen have posted an even record of 1-1 against the spread when the spread is -5 or higher.
- UMass has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 4 of 4 games for a 100% rate.
La Salle Betting Information
- La Salle has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 3-4 ATS.
- La Salle and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 3 of 7 (42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/16/2020||UMass||-4.5||140||-205||+165||Regular Season||85-66 UMASS|
|3/4/2020||La Salle||-1.5||137.5||-127||+104||Regular Season||75-64 UMASS|
|1/8/2020||UMass||-3||142.5||-158||+130||Regular Season||77-69 UMASS|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||60-51 LASALLE|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-60 LASALLE|
- The Minutemen leader in points and rebounds is Tre Mitchell, who scores 22.6 points and grabs 7.0 boards per game.
- Noah Fernandes is UMass’ best passer, distributing 5.6 assists per game while scoring 12.8 PPG.
- The Minutemen get the most three-point shooting production out of Pierre, who knocks down 2.6 threes per game.
- Fernandes is the Minutemen leader in steals, averaging 2.2 steals per game, while Mitchell leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
La Salle Leaders
- The Explorers’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Jack Clark with 9.9 points and 5.6 rebounds per game.
- The Explorers’ leading assist machine is Jhamir Brickus with a stat line of 4.0 assists, 7.8 points, and 1.7 rebounds per game.
- Sherif Kenney provides the bulk of the Explorers’ three-point shooting production. He hits 1.8 threes per game to pace the team.
- La Salle’s leader in steals is Brickus with 1.7 per game, and its leader in blocks is Clifton Moore with 1.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found