The Saint Joseph’s (PA) Hawks (5-14) are 3-point underdogs as they look to build on a four-game win streak when they visit the UMass Minutemen (7-6) on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at Robins Center. The game airs at 1:00 PM ET on NBCS. The matchup’s over/under is set at 152.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 38.5% of their opportunities this year (five of 13 chances), the Minutemen and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 152.5 points.
- In 10 of 19 outings (52.6%) this season, Saint Joseph’s (PA) has combined with its opponents to score at least 152.5 points.
- These two teams average a combined 147.8 points per game, 4.7 fewer points than the over/under of 152.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 154.2 points per game, 1.7 more than the over/under in this game.
- The Minutemen average point total in outings this season is 147.8, 4.7 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Hawks this season is 1.7 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Minutemen record 75.3 points per game, 6.4 fewer points than the 81.7 the Hawks allow.
- UMass has a 3-2 record overall and a 3-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 81.7 points.
- Saint Joseph’s (PA) has a 7-7 record against the spread and a 2-12 record overall when giving up more than 75.3 points.
- The Hawks’ 72.5 points per game are the exact same as the Minutemen give up.
- Saint Joseph’s (PA) is 3-5 overall and 6-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 72.5 points.
- UMass is 2-5 against the spread and 2-5 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 72.5 points.
- The Minutemen have totaled 36 more points than their opponents this season (2.8 per game on average), while the Hawks have been out-scored by 175 total points (9.2 per game average differential).
UMass Betting Information
- The Minutemen have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 6-7 record.
- When favored by at least 3 points, the Minutemen have put up a 4-4 record ATS.
- UMass has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 7 of 13 games for a 53.8% rate.
Saint Joseph’s (PA) Betting Information
- The Hawks have a 9-10 record against the spread, covering in only 47.4% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 3-point underdogs, the Hawks have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- In the majority of Saint Joseph’s (PA)’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (11 out of 19 games, 57.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/29/2020||UMass||-6.5||155||-289||+228||Regular Season||91-76 UMASS|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-79 UMASS|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-62 STJOE|
- Tre Mitchell leads the Minutemen in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 18.1 points and 6.9 rebounds per game.
- Noah Fernandes leads UMass in assists, averaging 4.5 per game while also scoring 11.5 points per contest.
- Carl Pierre paces his teammates on the Minutemen with 2.4 made threes per contest.
- Jovohn Garcia and Mitchell lead UMass on the defensive end, with Garcia leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and Mitchell in blocks averaging 1.5 per contest.
Saint Joseph’s (PA) Leaders
- Jordan Hall has racked up 5.8 rebounds and 5.7 assists per game, putting him atop the Hawks leaderboards in those stat categories.
- Taylor Funk counts for 17.5 points per game, making him the top scorer on Saint Joseph’s (PA)’s squad.
- Funk provides the bulk of the Hawks’ three-point shooting production. He hits 2.6 threes per game to pace the squad.
- Saint Joseph’s (PA)’s leader in steals is Hall with 1.3 per game, and its leader in blocks is Funk with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED