The UMBC Retrievers (9-2) are only 3-point favorites as they try to extend a six-game road win streak when they take on the NJIT Highlanders (4-6) on Sunday, January 31, 2021 at NJIT Wellness and Events Center. The matchup airs at 2:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has a point total of 133.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UMBC (-3)||Over (133.5)||UMBC 69 NJIT 66|
- The Retrievers and their opponents have scored at least 133.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in four of 11 outings (36.4%) this year.
- In six of 10 games (60%) this season, NJIT and its opponents have combined to score more than 133.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 133.6 points per game, 0.1 more points than the total of 133.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 129.1 points per game, 4.4 fewer than the point total in this game.
- The average total the Retrievers have had set in matchups this year is 1.5 less points than this outing’s point total.
- Highlanders games this season have averaged a total of 130.7 points, 2.8 less than the point total in this matchup.
UMBC Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Retrievers have covered eight times in 11 contests.
- The Retrievers have covered half the time, going 2-2 against the spread when favored by at least 3 points.
- UMBC has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 2 times in 11 contests (18.2%).
NJIT Betting Information
- NJIT has a losing record against the spread, going 2-8 ATS (covering just 20% of the time).
- When they are at least 3-point underdogs, the Highlanders have not fared well, going 1-3 against the spread.
- NJIT and its opponents have hit the over in half of their matchups this year — 5 of 10.
- Brandon Horvath leads the Retrievers in scoring and rebounding, tallying 14.9 points and 8.3 rebounds per game.
- R.J. Eytle-Rock is the Retrievers best passer, dispensing 2.4 assists per game while scoring 12.9 PPG.
- L.J. Owens contributes the bulk of the Retrievers’ three-point shooting production. He makes 1.7 threes per game to lead the squad.
- Darnell Rogers is the Retrievers leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Daniel Akin leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
- Zach Cooks racks up 14.1 points per game and is the top scorer for the Highlanders.
- The NJIT leaders in rebounding and assists are Souleymane Diakite with 5.6 rebounds per game (he also adds 6.8 points and 1.2 assists per game) and Antwuan Butler with 2.2 assists per game (he also tacks on 5.5 points and 2.7 rebounds per game).
- Dylan O’Hearn contributes the bulk of the Highlanders’ three-point shooting production. He makes 1.7 threes per game to pace the team.
- The Highlanders’ leader in steals is Cooks with 1.8 per game, and Diakite is their leader in blocks with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC State Wolf Pack: 2/24/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Mercer Bears vs. Chattanooga Mocs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Seton Hall Pirates vs. Butler Bulldogs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Furman Paladins vs. Citadel Bulldogs 2/24/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: 2/24/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends