A game after he scored 28 points in a 72-64 win over New Hampshire, Obadiah Noel leads the UMass-Lowell River Hawks (10-11) on the road against the UMBC Retrievers (14-5) as 6-point underdogs. The matchup, which airs at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, March 6, 2021, airs on ESPN+. The matchup’s over/under is set at 137.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Retrievers and their opponents have combined to score more than 137.5 points in 31.6% of their games this season (six of 19 opportunities).
- UMass-Lowell and its opponents have combined to score more than 137.5 points in 11 of 21 opportunities (52.4%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 0.6 more points per game (138.1) than this game’s total of 137.5 points.
- The Retrievers and the River Hawks have seen their opponents average a combined 2.3 less points per game than the point total of 137.5 set in this outing.
- The average total the Retrievers have had set in games this season is 4.2 less points than this outing’s point total.
- River Hawks games this season have averaged an over/under of 139.8 points, 2.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 69.2 points the Retrievers score per game are just 1.8 fewer points than the River Hawks give up (71).
- UMBC has a 4-0 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall when scoring more than 71 points.
- UMass-Lowell has a 4-7 record against the spread and a 2-9 record overall when giving up more than 69.2 points.
- The River Hawks’ 68.9 points per game are only 4.7 more points than the 64.2 the Retrievers allow to opponents.
- UMass-Lowell is 9-4 overall and 9-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 64.2 points.
- UMBC’s record is 2-5 against the spread and 2-5 overall when it allows more than 68.9 points.
- The Retrievers have totaled 95 more points than their opponents this season (five per game on average), while the River Hawks have been out-scored by 44 total points (2.1 per game average differential).
UMBC Betting Information
- Against the spread, UMBC has been strong this season, posting an 11-8 record.
- The Retrievers have covered half the time, going 2-2 against the spread when favored by at least 6 points.
- UMBC and its opponents have converted the over just 7 times in 19 (36.8%) games this season.
UMass-Lowell Betting Information
- The River Hawks have a winning record against the spread, going 12-9 ATS (covering 57.1% of the time).
- The River Hawks have fared well as a 6-point underdog, going 2-1 against the spread when they are at least 6-point underdogs.
- The River Hawks and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 7 of 21 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||60-50 UMBC|
|1/4/2020||UMBC||-2.5||146||-148||+120||Regular Season||86-73 MASLOW|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-66 UMBC|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-63 MASLOW|
- The Retrievers leader in points and assists is R.J. Eytle-Rock, who puts up 14.1 points per game to go with 2.5 assists.
- Brandon Horvath is the Retrievers best rebounder, hauling in an average of 8.7 boards in each contest while scoring 13.3 points per game.
- L.J. Owens makes more threes per game than any other member of the Retrievers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.7 per contest.
- The UMBC steals leader is Darnell Rogers, who averages 1.3 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Daniel Akin, who compiles 0.7 rejections per contest.
- Noel scores 20.5 points per game and is the top scorer for the River Hawks.
- Connor Withers puts up a stat line of 5.9 rebounds, 10.6 points and 1.7 assists per game for UMass-Lowell to take the top rebound spot on the team. Bryce Daley has the top spot for assists with 3.7 per game, adding 7.1 points and 3.7 rebounds per outing.
- Kalil Thomas connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the River Hawks, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.5 per game.
- UMass-Lowell’s leader in steals is Noel with 1.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Withers with 1.2 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED