Two sliding teams meet when the UNC Asheville Bulldogs (3-5) visit the Hampton Pirates (1-4) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 3:00 PM ET. The Bulldogs are 5-point favorites as they look to break a three-game losing streak against the Pirates, losers of four straight. The matchup has an over/under of 149 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Hampton (+5)||Under (149)||UNC Asheville 73 Hampton 72|
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have scored more than 149 points in 37.5% of their outings this season (three of eight opportunities).
- Hampton has played in two games this year (out of five total matchups — 40% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 149 points.
- The Bulldogs and the Pirates combine to average 7.2 less points per game than the total of 149 set for this matchup.
- The Bulldogs and the Pirates have seen their opponents average a combined 2.3 more points per game than the point total of 149 set for this outing.
- The average over/under the Bulldogs have had set in games this season is 2.5 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Pirates games this season is 2.4 less points than the point total of 149 in this outing.
UNC Asheville Betting Information
- Against the spread, UNC Asheville has been strong this season, posting a 4-3 record.
- When favored by at least 5 points, the Bulldogs have struggled to a 1-2 record ATS this season.
- The Bulldogs have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 2 of 7 games (28.6%).
Hampton Betting Information
- The Pirates have a 1-4 record against the spread, covering in only 20% of their matchups.
- Hampton has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 40% of matchups this year (2 out of 5 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/10/2020||Hampton||-2||161||-136||+110||Regular Season||80-70 HAMPTON|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-86 HAMPTON|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-61 HAMPTON|
UNC Asheville Leaders
- The Bulldogs scoring leader is Tajion Jones, who averages 18.6 per contest to go with 3.4 rebounds and 0.9 assists.
- Evan Clayborne leads UNC Asheville in rebounding, averaging 5.9 per game, while Lavar Batts Jr. leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.9 in each contest.
- Jones leads the Bulldogs in three-point shooting, making an average of 3.9 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Trent Stephney and Clayborne lead the Bulldogs on the defensive end, with Stephney leading the team in steals averaging 1.8 per game and Clayborne in blocks averaging 1.6 per contest.
- Davion Warren is at the top of the Pirates scoring leaderboard with 19.3 points per game. He also collects 5.9 rebounds and dishes out 2.8 assists per game.
- The Pirates’ leader in rebounds is Edward Oliver-Hampton with 7.7 per contest, and their leader in assists is Russell Dean with 6.9 per game.
- Chris Shelton provides the most three-point shooting production for the Pirates. He knocks down 3.3 threes per game.
- Warren (2.2 steals per game) is the steal leader for Hampton while Dajour Dickens (3.2 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found