The California Golden Bears (7-14) are 5-point underdogs as they try to stop a six-game losing streak when they host the Utah Utes (8-7) on Thursday, February 11, 2021 at Haas Pavilion. The matchup airs at 6:00 PM ET on PACN. The point total for the matchup is set at 133.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Cal (+5)||Over (133.5)||Utah 70 Cal 67|
- In 10 of 15 outings (66.7%) this season, the Utes and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 133.5 points.
- Cal has combined with its opponents to score at least 133.5 points in 14 of 21 outings (66.7%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 3.4 more points per game (136.9) than this game’s total of 133.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 136.8 points per game, 3.3 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The Utes average point total in matchups this season is 137.1, 3.6 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Golden Bears games this season have averaged a total of 136.6 points, 3.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 70.5 points per game the Utes score are only 0.3 more points than the Golden Bears allow (70.2).
- Utah is 8-2 overall and 6-0 against the spread when scoring more than 70.2 points.
- Cal has a 5-7 record against the spread and a 1-11 record overall when allowing more than 70.5 points.
- The Golden Bears’ 66.4 points per game are only 0.2 fewer points than the 66.6 the Utes allow.
- Cal has compiled a 6-4 overall record and an 8-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 66.6 points.
- Utah has a 2-5 record overall and an ATS record of 2-5 in games when its opponents score more than 66.4 points.
- The Utes have put up a total of 59 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 3.9 per game), while the Golden Bears have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 79 total points, -3.8 per game).
Utah Betting Information
- Utah has struggled against the spread, going 7-8 on the year.
- The Utes have struggled to cover, going just 2-4 ATS when favored by at least 5 points.
- The Utes have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 6 times in 15 games this season.
Cal Betting Information
- Cal has a 10-9 record against the spread, covering in 52.6% of their games.
- When they are at least 5-point underdogs, the Golden Bears have fared well, going 2-1 against the spread.
- In the majority of Golden Bears games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (12 out of 19 games, 63.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/16/2021||Utah||-12||132.5||-885||+577||Regular Season||72-63 CAL|
|2/29/2020||Utah||-1.5||128.5||-124||+100||Regular Season||86-79 CAL|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||60-45 UTAH|
- Timmy Allen leads the Utes in scoring and rebounding, putting up 16.7 points and 6.4 boards per game.
- Rylan Jones is Utah’s best passer, dishing out 4.1 assists per game while scoring 4.9 PPG.
- The Utes get the most three-point shooting production out of Alfonso Plummer, who makes 2.3 threes per game.
- The Utah steals leader is Jones, who averages 1.3 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Branden Carlson, who compiles 1.7 rejections per contest.
- Matt Bradley racks up 18.4 points per game to be the top scorer for the Golden Bears.
- The Cal leaders in rebounding and assists are Andre Kelly with 6.2 rebounds per game (he also adds 10.0 points and 0.6 assists per game) and Joel Brown with 3.3 assists per game (he also tacks on 6.0 points and 3.1 rebounds per game).
- Bradley contributes the bulk of the Golden Bears’ three-point shooting production. He hits 2.1 threes per game to lead the squad.
- Cal’s leader in steals is Brown (1.5 per game), and its leader in blocks is Lars Thiemann (0.4 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED