The UTSA Roadrunners (5-8) are at home in C-USA play against the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (7-6) on Friday, January 22, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Roadrunners are 5-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The over/under is set at 142.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern Miss (+5)||Under (142.5)||Southern Miss 71 UTSA 70|
- The Roadrunners and their opponents have combined for 142.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 12 of 13 games (92.3%) this season.
- Southern Miss has played in one games this year (out of 13 total matchups — 7.7% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 142.5 points.
- The Roadrunners and the Golden Eagles combine to average 0.2 fewer points per game than the over/under of 142.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.6 fewer points per game (139.9) than this game’s over/under of 142.5 points.
- The Roadrunners average point total in matchups this season is 155, 12.5 points higher than the total in this game.
- Golden Eagles games this year have averaged a total of 127.2 points, 15.3 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 77.2 points per game the Roadrunners average are 15.1 more points than the Golden Eagles give up (62.1).
- UTSA has a 2-0 record against the spread and a 5-7 record overall when putting up more than 62.1 points.
- Southern Miss is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when giving up more than 77.2 points.
- The Golden Eagles’ 65.1 points per game are 12.7 fewer points than the 77.8 the Roadrunners give up.
- Southern Miss has put together a 2-0 overall record and a 1-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 77.8 points.
- UTSA has an ATS record of 2-8 and a 4-8 record overall when its opponents score more than 65.1 points.
- The Roadrunners have a negative point differential on the season (-9 total points, -0.6 per game), while the Golden Eagles have scored 39 more points than their opponents (3.0 per game).
UTSA Betting Information
- The Roadrunners have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 2-8 record.
- The Roadrunners have covered half the time, going 1-1 against the spread when favored by at least 5 points.
- Roadrunners games have played to the total or above 5 times in 10 games this season.
Southern Miss Betting Information
- Southern Miss has covered the spread in greater than half of its games, going 8-3 ATS.
- The Golden Eagles and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 5 of 11 (45.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/11/2020||UTSA||-10||147.5||-590||+410||Regular Season||80-70 UTSA|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-48 SOUMIS|
|2/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-71 SOUMIS|
- The scoring leader for the Roadrunners this season is Jhivvan Jackson, who averages 18.8 points, 3.8 rebounds, and 2.0 assists per game.
- Jacob Germany leads UTSA in rebounding, averaging 5.8 per game, while Keaton Wallace leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.2 in each contest.
- Wallace provides the most three-point shooting production for the Roadrunners. He knocks down 2.3 threes per game.
- Eric Parrish and Germany lead the Roadrunners on the defensive end, with Parrish leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Germany in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
Southern Miss Leaders
- Tyler Stevenson sits on top of the Golden Eagles leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 13.0 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
- Southern Miss’ assist leader is Tae Hardy with 3.3 per game. He also scores 10.5 points per game and adds 2.0 rebounds per game.
- LaDavius Draine leads the Golden Eagles in three-point shooting with an average of 2.1 made threes per game.
- Southern Miss’ leader in steals is Hardy with 1.4 per game, and its leader in blocks is DeAndre Pinckney with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends – CANCELLED
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips 3/2/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Baylor Bears vs. West Virginia Mountaineers: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Toledo Rockets vs. Central Michigan Chippewas: 3/2/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview