The Valparaiso Crusaders (6-9) are 1-point favorites as they try to extend a three-game winning streak when they visit the Evansville Purple Aces (3-6) on Sunday, January 31, 2021 at Ford Center. The contest airs at 4:00 PM ET on ESP3. The over/under in the matchup is set at 129.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Evansville (+1)||Over (129)||Evansville 69 Valparaiso 68|
- The Crusaders and their opponents have combined for 129 points — this matchup’s point total — in 12 of 15 games (80%) this season.
- Evansville and its opponents have combined to score more than 129 points in six of nine games (66.7%) this season.
- The Crusaders and the Purple Aces combine to average 2.9 more points per game than the over/under of 129 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 141.9 points per game, 12.9 more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average point total for Crusaders games this year is 10.8 more points than the total of 129 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Purple Aces games this season is five more points than the point total of 129 for this outing.
Valparaiso Betting Information
- The Crusaders have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 4-7-1 record.
- When favored by at least 1 points, the Crusaders have struggled to a 1-2 record ATS this season.
- The Crusaders have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 5 of 12 games (41.7%).
Evansville Betting Information
- The Purple Aces have a 2-7 record against the spread, covering in only 22.2% of their outings.
- When they are at least 1-point underdogs, the Purple Aces have a record ATS of 1-3.
- The Purple Aces and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this year — 4 of 9 (44.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/5/2020||Valparaiso||-7||133||-331||+255||Conference Tournament||58-55 VALP|
|1/26/2020||Valparaiso||-12.5||143||-1033||+640||Regular Season||67-65 VALP|
|1/4/2020||Evansville||-1.5||146.5||-125||+102||Regular Season||81-79 VALP|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-63 EVANS|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-53 EVANS|
- The scoring leader for the Crusaders this season is Ben Krikke, who averages 12.5 points, 4.7 rebounds, and 0.7 assists per game.
- Donovan Clay leads Valparaiso in rebounding, averaging 5.5 per game, while Daniel Sackey leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.5 in each contest.
- Connor Barrett contributes the bulk of the Crusaders’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 1.8 threes per game to pace the squad.
- The Valparaiso steals leader is Nick Robinson, who averages 1.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Clay, who compiles 1.6 rejections per contest.
- Jawaun Newton is at the top of the Purple Aces scoring leaderboard with 12.5 points per game. He also collects 3.6 rebounds and racks up 2.5 assists per game.
- The Purple Aces’ leader in rebounds is Jax Levitch with 5.8 per outing, and their leader in assists is Shamar Givance with 4.1 per game.
- Noah Frederking leads the Purple Aces in three-point shooting with an average of 2.6 made threes per game.
- Evansville’s leader in steals is Givance with 1.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Evan Kuhlman with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends