Nah’Shon Hyland leads the VCU Rams (6-2) into a matchup against the George Mason Patriots (4-1) after putting up 31 points in a 93-68 win over Western Carolina. The Patriots are 6-point underdogs in the matchup on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, which tips at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 136 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|VCU (-6)||Over (136)||VCU 77 George Mason 68|
- The Rams and their opponents have combined for 136 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 17 of eight outings (212.5%) this year.
- George Mason has played in two games this year (out of five total matchups — 40% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 136 points.
- These teams average a combined 147.9 points per game, 11.9 more points than the total of 136 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.8 less points per game (131.2) than this matchup’s over/under of 136 points.
- The average point total in Rams games this year is 3.5 more points than the total of 136 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Patriots games this season is 3.6 more points than the point total of 136 for this outing.
VCU Betting Information
- Against the spread, VCU has been strong this season, posting a 6-1 record.
- The Rams fare well when favored by at least 6 points, posting a 4-0 record against the spread.
- The Rams have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 2 of 7 games (28.6%).
George Mason Betting Information
- George Mason has a losing record against the spread, going 1-3 ATS (covering only 25% of the time).
- When they are at least 6-point underdogs, the Patriots have a record ATS of 0-2.
- George Mason and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 1 of 4 (25%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/12/2020||VCU||-14.5||138.5||-1615||841||Regular Season||72-67 GMSN|
|1/5/2020||VCU||-7||131||-329||250||Regular Season||72-59 VCU|
|3/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-36 VCU|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-63 VCU|
- Hyland leads the Rams in scoring, tallying 17.1 points per game to go with 2.7 rebounds and 1.6 assists.
- Vince Williams is VCU’s leading rebounder, grabbing 5.4 per game, while Adrian Baldwin Jr. is its best passer, distributing 5.2 assists in each contest.
- The Rams get the most three-point shooting production out of Hyland, who makes 3.0 threes per game.
- Baldwin and Hason Ward lead VCU on the defensive end, with Baldwin leading the team in steals averaging 2.1 per game and Ward in blocks averaging 1.8 per contest.
George Mason Leaders
- Jordan Miller sits atop the Patriots leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 17.8 points and 6.0 rebounds per game.
- The Patriots’ leading assist machine is Xavier Johnson with a stat line of 2.6 assists, 5.8 points, and 2.9 rebounds per game.
- Tyler Kolek leads the Patriots in three-point shooting with an average of 2.8 made threes per game.
- George Mason’s leader in steals is Javon Greene (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is AJ Wilson (2.7 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found