The Vermont Catamounts (7-0) take a seven-game winning streak into a road matchup with the UMBC Retrievers (12-3), winners of three straight. The Retrievers are underdogs by only 1.5 points in the contest, which tips at 7:00 PM ET (on ESPNU) on Thursday, February 18, 2021. The matchup’s over/under is set at 132.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UMBC (+1.5)||Over (132.5)||Vermont 68 UMBC 67|
- In four of seven outings (57.1%) this season, the Catamounts and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 132.5 points.
- UMBC has combined with its opponents to score at least 132.5 points in eight of 15 outings (53.3%) this season.
- These teams average a combined 145.2 points per game, 12.7 more points than the over/under of 132.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 13.3 fewer points per game (119.2) than this matchup’s total of 132.5 points.
- The average over/under the Catamounts have had set in games this season is 0.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under in Retrievers games this year is 0.8 less points than the point total of 132.5 for this outing.
Vermont Betting Information
- Against the spread, Vermont has been strong this season, posting a 4-3 record.
- The Catamounts fare well when favored by at least 1.5 points, posting a 4-3 record against the spread.
- The Catamounts have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 3 times in 7 games this season.
UMBC Betting Information
- UMBC has covered the spread in more than half of its outings, going 10-5 ATS.
- The Retrievers have gone 5-5 against the spread when they are at least a 1.5-point underdog.
- In the majority of UMBC’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (4 out of 15 games, 26.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/10/2020||Vermont||-16||129||-2248||+1012||Conference Tournament||81-74 UVM|
|2/22/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-64 UMBC|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-50 UVM|
|2/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-56 UMBC|
|1/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-61 UMBC|
- Ryan Davis leads the Catamounts in scoring and rebounding, tallying 18.9 points and 6.6 rebounds per game.
- Ben Shungu is the Catamounts best passer, dispensing 3.7 assists per game while scoring 10.0 PPG.
- Stef Smith’s 2.2 threes per game leads the Catamounts.
- Bailey Patella and Justin Mazzulla lead the Catamounts on the defensive end, with Patella leading the team in steals averaging 1.2 per game and Mazzulla in blocks averaging 0.6 per contest.
- Brandon Horvath has the top spot on the Retrievers leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 14.3 points and 8.8 rebounds per game.
- R.J. Eytle-Rock dishes out 2.5 assists per game, the most assists on the Retrievers.
- L.J. Owens knocks down 1.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Retrievers.
- The Retrievers’ leader in steals is Darnell Rogers with 1.4 per game, and Daniel Akin is their leader in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED