The No. 8 Villanova Wildcats (15-3) hit the road in Big East play against the Butler Bulldogs (8-13) on Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. The Wildcats are double-digit favorites by 11.5 points in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup’s over/under is set at 130.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Wildcats and their opponents have combined to put up more than 130 points in 83.3% of their outings this season (15 of 18 opportunities).
- Butler and its opponents have added up to score at least 130 points in 42.9% of their games this season (nine of 21 chances).
- These teams average a combined 140.8 points per game, 10.8 more points than the over/under of 130 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.7 more points per game (134.7) than this game’s over/under of 130 points.
- The average over/under the Wildcats have had set in matchups this year is 15.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Bulldogs this year is 0.3 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wildcats score 78.1 points per game, 11.1 more points than the 67 the Bulldogs give up.
- Villanova has a 15-2 record overall and an 11-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 67 points.
- Butler is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when giving up more than 78.1 points.
- The Bulldogs’ 62.7 points per game are five fewer points than the 67.7 the Wildcats give up to opponents.
- Butler has compiled a 4-1 overall record and a 4-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 67.7 points.
- Villanova is 7-7 against the spread and 11-3 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 62.7 points.
- The Wildcats have out-scored their opponents by a total of 188 points this season (10.4 points per game on average), and opponents of the Bulldogs have out-scored them by 91 more points on the year (4.3 per game).
Villanova Betting Information
- Against the spread, Villanova has been strong this season, posting an 11-7 record.
- When favored by at least 11.5 points, the Wildcats have fared well against the spread, compiling a 4-3 record.
- Villanova has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 10 of 18 games for a 55.6% rate.
Butler Betting Information
- The Bulldogs have a 9-11-1 record against the spread, covering in just 42.9% of their matchups.
- The Bulldogs have not fared well as an 11.5-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 11.5-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Bulldogs games this season, the teams have not hit the over (8 out of 21 games, 38.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/16/2020||Villanova||-12.5||131.5||-996||+650||Regular Season||85-66 VILL|
|2/5/2020||Butler||-2.5||130||-151||+123||Regular Season||79-76 BUTLER|
|1/21/2020||Villanova||-3.5||129||-175||+140||Regular Season||76-61 VILL|
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl leads the Wildcats in scoring and rebounding, putting up 15.4 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Villanova’s best passer is Collin Gillespie, who averages 4.9 assists per game to go with his 14.4 PPG scoring average.
- Gillespie makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Wildcats, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.2 per outing.
- Gillespie and Robinson-Earl lead the Wildcats on the defensive end, with Gillespie leading the team in steals averaging 1.1 per game and Robinson-Earl in blocks averaging 0.5 per contest.
- Chuck Harris is at the top of the Bulldogs scoring leaderboard with 11.6 points per game. He also collects 2.7 rebounds and dishes out 2.2 assists per game.
- Butler’s leader in rebounds is Bryce Nze with 8.0 per game, and its leader in assists is Aaron Thompson with 4.7 per game.
- Jair Bolden is consistent from three-point range and leads the Bulldogs with 2.6 made threes per game.
- Myles Tate (1.2 steals per game) is the steal leader for Butler while Nze (0.5 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED