The No. 3 Villanova Wildcats (11-2) host the Georgetown Hoyas (5-8) after winning four straight home games. The Wildcats are double-digit favorites by 13.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 2:30 PM ET on Sunday, February 7, 2021. The over/under in the matchup is set at 143.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Georgetown (+13.5)||Over (143)||Villanova 78 Georgetown 68|
- The Wildcats and their opponents have put up at least 143 points — this matchup’s over/under — in eight of 13 outings (61.5%) this season.
- Georgetown has combined with its opponents to score more than 143 points in eight of 13 games (61.5%) this year.
- The Wildcats and the Hoyas combine to average 7.2 more points per game than the total of 143 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.6 fewer points per game (141.4) than this game’s total of 143 points.
- The average total the Wildcats have had set in matchups this season is 1.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Hoyas games this season have averaged a total of 146.7 points, 3.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wildcats score 77.5 points per contest, just 3.5 more points than the 74 the Hoyas allow their opponents.
- Villanova is 9-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread when scoring more than 74 points.
- Georgetown is 3-3 against the spread and 2-4 overall when allowing more than 77.5 points.
- The Hoyas score an average of 72.7 points per game, 5.3 more points than the 67.4 the Wildcats give up to opponents.
- Georgetown has put together a 6-0 ATS record and a 5-4 overall record in games it scores more than 67.4 points.
- Villanova is 1-2 against the spread and 2-1 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 72.7 points.
- The Wildcats have totaled 131 more points than their opponents this season (10.1 per game on average), while the Hoyas have been out-scored by 17 total points (1.3 per game average differential).
Villanova Betting Information
- Against the spread, Villanova has been strong this season, posting an 8-5 record.
- The Wildcats have struggled to cover, going just 1-2 ATS when favored by at least 13.5 points.
- More often than not, Villanova and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 7 of 13 chances this season.
Georgetown Betting Information
- Georgetown has a winning record against the spread, going 7-6 ATS (covering 53.8% of the time).
- When they are at least 13.5-point underdogs, the Hoyas have a record ATS of 1-0.
- Georgetown has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 46.2% of matchups this season (6 out of 13 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/11/2020||Villanova||-12||142.5||-883||+575||Regular Season||76-63 VILL|
|3/7/2020||Villanova||-7.5||144.5||-356||+271||Regular Season||70-69 VILL|
|1/11/2020||Villanova||-7||147.5||-335||+260||Regular Season||80-66 VILL|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-73 GEORGE|
|2/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-65 VILL|
- The Wildcats leader in points and rebounds is Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, who scores 15.4 points and pulls down 7.4 boards per game.
- Villanova’s best passer is Collin Gillespie, who averages 4.8 assists per game to go with his 14.6 PPG scoring average.
- Gillespie makes more threes per game than any other member of the Wildcats, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.2 per contest.
- Gillespie is the Wildcats leader in steals, averaging 1.1 steals per game, while Robinson-Earl leads them in blocks with 0.5 per contest.
- Jahvon Blair scores 17.6 points and adds 4.2 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Hoyas’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Jamorko Pickett’s stat line of 8.4 rebounds, 11.9 points and 1.8 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Georgetown rebounding leaderboard.
- Blair connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Hoyas, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 2.9 per contest.
- The Hoyas’ leader in steals is Dante Harris with 0.8 per game, and Qudus Wahab is their leader in blocks with 2.2 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED