The top-seeded Villanova Wildcats (16-5) are 8.5-point favorites in the Big East Tournament quarterfinals against the No. 8 seed Georgetown Hoyas (10-12) on Thursday at Madison Square Garden. The game starts at 12:00 PM ET and airs on FS1, with both teams hoping to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Wildcats and their opponents have put up at least 140.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 11 of 21 opportunities (52.4%) this season.
- In 12 of 22 opportunities (54.5%) this year, Georgetown and its opponents have combined to score at least 140.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 6.8 more points per game (147.3) than this matchup’s over/under of 140.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 139.2 points per game, 1.3 less than the point total in this game.
- The average over/under the Wildcats have had set in games this year is 2.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Hoyas games this year have averaged a total of 143.8 points, 3.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wildcats average just 3.5 more points per game (75.8) than the Hoyas give up (72.3).
- Villanova has an 8-0 record against the spread and a 12-1 record overall when putting up more than 72.3 points.
- When Georgetown allows more than 75.8 points, it is 4-5 against the spread and 2-7 overall.
- The Hoyas’ 71.5 points per game are only 4.6 more points than the 66.9 the Wildcats allow to opponents.
- Georgetown has put together a 12-0 ATS record and a 10-7 overall record in games it scores more than 66.9 points.
- Villanova’s record is 4-3 overall and 2-5 against the spread when it allows more than 71.5 points to its opponents.
- The Wildcats have put up a total of 186 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 8.9 per game), while the Hoyas have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 17 total points, -0.8 per game).
Villanova Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Wildcats have covered 12 times in 21 contests.
- The Wildcats have struggled to cover, going just 6-7 ATS when favored by at least 8.5 points.
- The Wildcats have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 10 times in 21 games this season.
Georgetown Betting Information
- Georgetown has a 13-9 record against the spread, covering in 59.1% of their contests.
- When they are at least 8.5-point underdogs, the Hoyas have not fared well, going 1-2 against the spread.
- In most of Hoyas games this season, the teams have not hit the over (10 out of 22 games, 45.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/7/2021||Villanova||-13.5||145||-1250||+746||Regular Season||84-74 VILL|
|12/11/2020||Villanova||-12||142.5||-883||+575||Regular Season||76-63 VILL|
|3/7/2020||Villanova||-7.5||144.5||-356||+271||Regular Season||70-69 VILL|
|1/11/2020||Villanova||-7||147.5||-335||+260||Regular Season||80-66 VILL|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-73 GEORGE|
|2/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||77-65 VILL|
- The Wildcats leader in points and rebounds is Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, who scores 15.2 points and pulls down 8.4 rebounds per game.
- Villanova’s best passer is Collin Gillespie, who averages 4.6 assists per game to go with his 14.0 PPG scoring average.
- Gillespie makes more threes per game than any other member of the Wildcats, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
- The Villanova steals leader is Gillespie, who averages 1.0 steal per game, while its blocks leader is Robinson-Earl, who compiles 0.5 rejections per contest.
- The Hoyas’ Jahvon Blair averages enough points (16.1 per game) and assists (4.0 per game) to sit atop the team’s leaderboards.
- Qudus Wahab is at the top of the Georgetown rebounding leaderboard with 8.0 rebounds per game. He also notches 12.4 points and tacks on 0.2 assists per game.
- Blair hits 2.7 three-pointers per game, the most on the Hoyas.
- Georgetown’s leader in steals is Dante Harris with 1.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Wahab with 1.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED