The No. 3 Villanova Wildcats (9-1) are heavily favored (-10.5) to continue a seven-game winning streak when they host the Providence Friars (8-6) at 2:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at Finneran Pavilion. The matchup airs on FOX. The point total in the matchup is set at 140.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Villanova (-10.5)||Over (140)||Villanova 79 Providence 68|
- In 80% of their opportunities this year (eight of 10 chances), the Wildcats and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 140 points.
- Providence and its opponents have combined to score more than 140 points in nine of 14 outings (64.3%) this season.
- The Wildcats and the Friars combine to average 13.8 more points per game than the total of 140 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 139.5 points per game, 0.5 less than the point total for this matchup.
- The average over/under the Wildcats have had set in matchups this season is 7.5 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Friars games this season have averaged an over/under of 145.9 points, 5.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wildcats average 79.7 points per game, eight more points than the 71.7 the Friars give up.
- Villanova is 5-0 against the spread and 8-1 overall when scoring more than 71.7 points.
- Providence has a 0-1 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall when allowing more than 79.7 points.
- The Friars average 6.3 more points per game (74.1) than the Wildcats give up (67.8).
- When it puts up more than 67.8 points, Providence is 6-0 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- Villanova is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 74.1 points.
- The Wildcats have totaled 119 more points than their opponents this season (11.9 per game on average), and the Friars have scored 34 more points than their opponents (2.4 per game).
Villanova Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Wildcats have covered six times in 10 contests.
- The Wildcats fare well when favored by at least 10.5 points, posting a 3-2 record against the spread.
- In 6 of 10 (60%) contests this season, Villanova and its opponents have hit the total.
Providence Betting Information
- The Friars have a winning record against the spread, going 7-6 ATS (covering 53.8% of the time).
- When they are at least 10.5-point underdogs, the Friars have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- In most of Providence’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (8 out of 13 games, 61.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||Villanova||-7||136.5||-335||+252||Regular Season||58-54 PROV|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-60 VILL|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-67 VILL|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-59 VILL|
- The leader in points and assists for the Wildcats is Collin Gillespie, who scores 16.0 points and dishes out 3.9 assists per game.
- Villanova’s best rebounder is Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, who averages 6.9 boards per game in addition to his 15.4 PPG average.
- Gillespie leads the Wildcats in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.6 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Gillespie and Robinson-Earl lead the Wildcats on the defensive end, with Gillespie leading the team in steals averaging 1.1 per game and Robinson-Earl in blocks averaging 0.5 per contest.
- David Duke averages 19.4 points and adds 4.8 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Friars’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Nate Watson is at the top of the Providence rebounding leaderboard with 7.1 rebounds per game. He also scores 19.1 points and tacks on 0.4 assists per game.
- Duke provides the bulk of the Friars’ three-point shooting production. He hits 2.3 threes per game to lead the squad.
- Providence’s leader in steals is Jared Bynum (1.2 per game), and its leader in blocks is Jimmy Nichols Jr. (0.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED