The No. 10 Villanova Wildcats (16-4) are favored (by 4.5 points) to break a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Providence Friars (12-12) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 2:30 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 138.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 14 of 20 games (70%) this year, the Wildcats and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s point total of 138.5 points.
- Providence and its opponents have added up to score more than 138.5 points in 54.2% of their matchups this year (13 of 24 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 9.3 more points per game (147.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 138.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 138.1 points per game, 0.4 less than the point total for this game.
- The Wildcats average point total in matchups this season is 144.5, 6.0 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Friars this season is 2.8 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wildcats average 77 points per game, 6.5 more points than the 70.5 the Friars allow.
- Villanova is 10-0 against the spread and 14-1 overall when scoring more than 70.5 points.
- When Providence gives up more than 77 points, it is 1-5 against the spread and 2-5 overall.
- The Friars’ 70.8 points per game are just 3.2 more points than the 67.6 the Wildcats allow to opponents.
- Providence is 9-0 against the spread and 10-5 overall when it scores more than 67.6 points.
- Villanova’s record is 2-5 against the spread and 4-3 overall when it gives up more than 70.8 points.
- The Wildcats have scored a total of 188 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 9.4 per game), and the Friars have out-scored opponents by just nine points on the season (0.3 more per game).
Villanova Betting Information
- Villanova has been strong against the spread, going 12-8 on the season.
- The Wildcats have posted a winning record of 11-7 against the spread when the spread is -4.5 or higher.
- The Wildcats and their opponents have gone over the total in 11 of 20 games (55%) this season.
Providence Betting Information
- Providence has a losing record against the spread, going 11-12 ATS (covering just 47.8% of the time).
- When they play as at least 4.5-point underdogs, the Friars have a record ATS of 2-3.
- Providence has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 52.2% of matchups this season (12 out of 23 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2021||Villanova||-11.5||140||-762||+532||Regular Season||71-56 VILL|
|2/29/2020||Villanova||-7||136.5||-335||+252||Regular Season||58-54 PROV|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-60 VILL|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-67 VILL|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-59 VILL|
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl leads the Wildcats in scoring and rebounding, tallying 15.4 points and 8.2 boards per game.
- Collin Gillespie is the Wildcats best passer, dispensing 4.6 assists per game while scoring 14.0 PPG.
- Gillespie’s 2.1 threes per game leads the Wildcats.
- Gillespie and Robinson-Earl lead the Wildcats on the defensive end, with Gillespie leading the team in steals averaging 1.0 per game and Robinson-Earl in blocks averaging 0.5 per contest.
- David Duke’s points (17.1 per game) and assists (4.9 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Friars’ leaderboards.
- Nate Watson’s stat line of 6.7 rebounds, 16.7 points and 0.6 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Providence rebounding leaderboard.
- Gillespie paces his teammates on the Friars with 2.0 made threes per outing.
- Duke (1.2 steals per game) and Watson (1.0 block per game) pace the Friars in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED