The No. 3 Villanova Wildcats (10-1) are favored (-5.5) to extend an eight-game winning streak when they visit the Seton Hall Pirates (9-7) at 3:30 PM ET on Saturday, January 30, 2021 at Prudential Center. The contest airs on FOX. The point total for the matchup is set at 142.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Seton Hall (+5.5)||Over (142.5)||Villanova 75 Seton Hall 72|
- In 63.6% of their opportunities this year (seven of 11 chances), the Wildcats and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s point total of 142.5 points.
- In 10 of 16 outings (62.5%) this season, Seton Hall and its opponents have combined to score more than 142.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 11.6 more points per game (154.1) than this game’s over/under of 142.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.6 fewer points per game (138.9) than this game’s over/under of 142.5 points.
- The Wildcats average point total in matchups this season is 145.6, 3.1 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average total for Pirates games this season is 4.9 more points than the point total of 142.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Wildcats score 78.9 points per game, 6.7 more points than the 72.2 the Pirates give up.
- Villanova is 8-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread when scoring more than 72.2 points.
- Seton Hall has a 1-3 record against the spread and a 1-4 record overall when giving up more than 78.9 points.
- The Pirates score an average of 75.2 points per game, 8.5 more points than the 66.7 the Wildcats allow.
- When it scores more than 66.7 points, Seton Hall is 10-0 against the spread and 9-5 overall.
- Villanova is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it gives up more than 75.2 points.
- The Wildcats have totaled 134 more points than their opponents this season (12.2 per game on average), and the Pirates have scored 49 more points than their opponents (three per game).
Villanova Betting Information
- Against the spread, Villanova has been strong this season, posting a 7-4 record.
- The Wildcats have posted a winning record of 6-4 against the spread when the spread is -5.5 or higher.
- The Wildcats and their opponents have gone over the total in 6 of 11 games (54.5%) this season.
Seton Hall Betting Information
- The Pirates have a 10-5 record against the spread, covering in 66.7% of their outings.
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Pirates have a record ATS of 3-1.
- In most of Pirates games this season, the teams have not hit the over (7 out of 15 games, 46.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/19/2021||Villanova||-9||140||-467||+350||Regular Season||76-74 VILL|
|3/4/2020||Seton Hall||-3.5||140||-175||+144||Regular Season||79-77 VILL|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-64 SETON|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-75 SETON|
|1/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-52 VILL|
- The Wildcats leader in points and assists is Collin Gillespie, who scores 15.9 points per game along with 4.1 assists.
- Jermaine Samuels leads the Wildcats in rebounding, grabbing 7.1 rebounds per game while also scoring 9.2 points a contest.
- Gillespie makes more threes per game than any other member of the Wildcats, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.6 per contest.
- Gillespie is Villanova’s leader in steals, averaging 1.0 steal per game, while Jeremiah Robinson-Earl leads them in blocks with 0.6 per contest.
Seton Hall Leaders
- The Pirates’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Sandro Mamukelashvili with 17.9 points and 6.9 rebounds per game.
- The Pirates’ leading assist machine is Shavar Reynolds Jr. with a stat line of 4.6 assists, 7.8 points, and 2.5 rebounds per game.
- Myles Cale leads his teammates on the Pirates with 1.8 made threes per outing.
- The Pirates’ leader in steals is Reynolds with 1.8 per game, and Ike Obiagu is their leader in blocks with 2.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Jackson State Tigers vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs: 3/4/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/4/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Portland State Vikings: 3/4/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Austin Peay Governors 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends