The Boston College Eagles (2-8) will look to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the No. 22 Virginia Cavaliers (6-2) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Silvio Conte Forum as 8.5-point underdogs. The contest airs at 2:00 PM ET on ACCN. The point total for the matchup is set at 131.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Boston College (+8.5)||Over (131)||Virginia 74 Boston College 71|
- The Cavaliers and their opponents have combined to put up more than 131 points in 50% of their games this year (four of eight opportunities).
- Boston College has combined with its opponents to score more than 131 points in 10 of 10 outings (100%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 16.1 more points per game (147.1) than this matchup’s total of 131 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 142.1 points per game, 11.1 more than the over/under in this game.
- The Cavaliers average point total in outings this year is 133.6, 2.6 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Eagles this year is 24.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cavaliers record 72.9 points per game, 8.4 fewer points than the 81.3 the Eagles allow.
- Virginia has a 1-0 record overall and a 1-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 81.3 points.
- In games when Boston College gives up more than 72.9 points, it is 4-3 against the spread and 0-8 overall.
- The Eagles put up an average of 74.2 points per game, 13.4 more points than the 60.8 the Cavaliers allow.
- Boston College is 5-0 against the spread and 2-8 overall when it scores more than 60.8 points.
- Virginia has a 0-1 record overall and an ATS record of 0-1 in games when its opponents score more than 74.2 points.
- The Cavaliers have totaled 97 more points than their opponents this season (12.1 per game on average), while the Eagles have been out-scored by 71 total points (7.1 per game average differential).
Virginia Betting Information
- Virginia has been good against the spread this season, posting a 4-3 record.
- The Cavaliers have posted a winning record of 3-2 against the spread when the spread is -8.5 or bigger.
- Virginia has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 3 times in 7 contests (42.9%).
Boston College Betting Information
- The Eagles have a winning record against the spread, going 5-4 ATS (covering 55.6% of the time).
- The Eagles have not fared well as an 8.5-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- The Eagles and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 6 of 9 (66.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/19/2020||Virginia||-11.5||111.5||-905||+578||Regular Season||78-65 VIR|
|1/7/2020||Virginia||-9.5||111||-577||+410||Regular Season||60-53 BC|
|1/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-56 VIR|
- The Cavaliers leader in points and rebounds is Sam Hauser, who scores 13.3 points and pulls down 7.0 boards per game.
- Virginia’s best passer is Kihei Clark, who averages 3.4 assists per game to go with his 10.5 PPG scoring average.
- Trey Murphy III leads the Cavaliers in three-point shooting with an average of 2.4 made threes per game.
- Reece Beekman and Jay Huff lead Virginia on the defensive end, with Beekman leading the team in steals averaging 1.8 per game and Huff in blocks averaging 2.3 per contest.
Boston College Leaders
- Wynston Tabbs is at the top of the Eagles scoring leaderboard with 14.6 points per game. He also grabs 3.0 rebounds and dishes out 1.6 assists per game.
- Steffon Mitchell has a stat line of 6.5 rebounds, 7.5 points and 1.0 assist per game for Boston College to take the top rebound spot on the team. Makai Ashton-Langford has the top spot for assists with 2.7 per game, adding 9.3 points and 3.4 rebounds per outing.
- Tabbs is dependable from three-point range and leads the Eagles with 2.4 made threes per game.
- Ashton-Langford (1.8 steals per game) and CJ Felder (1.7 blocks per game) pace the Eagles in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found