The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (7-3) will attempt to build on a five-game win streak when they visit the No. 13 Virginia Cavaliers (9-2) at 8:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021 as 9-point underdogs. The Cavaliers have also won five games in a row. The matchup has an over/under of 124 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Georgia Tech (+9)||Over (124)||Virginia 75 Georgia Tech 68|
- The Cavaliers and their opponents have combined for 124 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 11 outings (63.6%) this season.
- Georgia Tech and its opponents have combined to score more than 124 points in 100% of their games this season (10 of 10 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 29.9 more points per game (153.9) than this game’s total of 124 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 7.9 more points per game (131.9) than this matchup’s over/under of 124 points.
- The Cavaliers average point total in outings this season is 132.9, 8.9 points higher than the total in this game.
- Yellow Jackets games this season have averaged an over/under of 152.9 points, 28.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cavaliers score 73.5 points per contest, only one more point than the 72.5 the Yellow Jackets allow their opponents.
- Virginia is 5-0 against the spread and 5-1 overall when scoring more than 72.5 points.
- Georgia Tech has a 0-3 record against the spread and a 0-3 record overall when allowing more than 73.5 points.
- The Yellow Jackets average 21.0 more points per game (80.4) than the Cavaliers give up (59.4).
- When it scores more than 59.4 points, Georgia Tech is 5-0 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- Virginia is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it gives up more than 80.4 points.
- The Cavaliers have totaled 156 more points than their opponents this season (14.1 per game on average), and the Yellow Jackets have scored 79 more points than their opponents (7.9 per game).
Virginia Betting Information
- The Cavaliers have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 7-3 record.
- When favored by at least 9 points, the Cavaliers have fared well against the spread, compiling a 5-2 record.
- The Cavaliers have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 50% of their games this season (5 of 10 contests).
Georgia Tech Betting Information
- Georgia Tech’s record against the spread is 5-5.
- The Yellow Jackets have not fared well as a 9-point underdog, going 1-3 against the spread when they are at least 9-point underdogs.
- In 5 out Georgia Tech’s 10 games this season, (50%) the teams have combined to hit the over.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/18/2020||Georgia Tech||-1||110.5||-111||-112||Regular Season||63-58 VIR|
|2/27/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-51 VIR|
- Sam Hauser leads the Cavaliers in scoring and rebounding, tallying 13.8 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.
- Kihei Clark leads the Cavaliers in assists, averaging 3.7 per game while also scoring 10.9 points per contest.
- The Cavaliers get the most three-point shooting production out of Trey Murphy III, who knocks down 2.4 threes per game.
- Reece Beekman and Jay Huff lead Virginia on the defensive end, with Beekman leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Huff in blocks averaging 2.3 per contest.
Georgia Tech Leaders
- Moses Wright holds the top spot on the Yellow Jackets leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 17.4 points and 6.8 rebounds per game.
- Jose Alvarado’s assist statline leads Georgia Tech; he records 4.0 assists per game.
- Michael Devoe provides the bulk of the Yellow Jackets’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.6 threes per game to pace the squad.
- Georgia Tech’s leader in steals is Alvarado (2.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Wright (1.0 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Northwestern Wildcats vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Liberty Flames vs. North Alabama Lions: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Drake Bulldogs: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview