Carlik Jones leads the Louisville Cardinals (13-5) against the No. 21 Virginia Cavaliers (16-6) after scoring 25 points in an 80-73 win over Duke. The Cardinals are 2-point underdogs in the game on Saturday, March 6, 2021, which tips off at 4:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The matchup has a point total of 121.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Louisville (+2)||Over (121.5)||Louisville 67 Virginia 65|
- The Cavaliers and their opponents have scored no less than 121.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in 14 of 22 opportunities (63.6%) this year.
- Louisville and its opponents have combined to score more than 121.5 points in 83.3% of their matchups this year (15 of 18 chances).
- These teams average a combined 137.7 points per game, 16.2 more points than the total of 121.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 126.4 points per game, 4.9 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The average total the Cavaliers have had set in games this year is 7.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Cardinals games this season have averaged a total of 135.4 points, 13.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cavaliers average 68.5 points per contest, only 2.3 more points than the 66.2 the Cardinals allow their opponents.
- When Virginia totals more than 66.2 points, it is 6-0 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- Louisville is 3-4 overall and 1-6 against the spread in games when it allows more than 68.5 points.
- The Cardinals put up an average of 69.2 points per game, nine more points than the 60.2 the Cavaliers give up.
- When it scores more than 60.2 points, Louisville is 9-0-1 against the spread and 13-2 overall.
- Virginia is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 69.2 points.
- The Cavaliers have scored a total of 183 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 8.3 per game), and the Cardinals have out-scored opponents by 53 points on the season (three more per game).
Virginia Betting Information
- The Cavaliers have been solid against the spread this season, earning an 11-10 record.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the Cavaliers have fared well against the spread, compiling a 10-8 record.
- More often than not, Virginia and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 11 of 21 chances this season.
Louisville Betting Information
- Louisville has a 9-8-1 record against the spread, covering in 50% of their contests.
- The Cardinals have fared well as a 2-point underdog, going 8-5-1 against the spread when they are at least 2-point underdogs.
- Louisville and its opponents have hit the over in half of their matchups this year — 9 of 18.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Virginia||-1||114||-115||-107||Regular Season||57-54 VIR|
|2/8/2020||Louisville||-8||114||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-73 LOU|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-68 VIR|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-52 VIR|
- The Cavaliers scoring leader is Sam Hauser, who averages 15.5 per contest to go with 6.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- Virginia’s leading rebounder is Jay Huff averaging 7.0 boards per game and its best passer is Kihei Clark and his 4.6 assists per game.
- Hauser hits more threes per game than any other member of the Cavaliers, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 2.6 per game.
- Reece Beekman and Huff lead the Cavaliers on the defensive end, with Beekman leading the team in steals averaging 1.2 per game and Huff in blocks averaging 2.5 per contest.
- Jones collects 17.6 points and tacks on 4.5 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Cardinals’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Louisville’s Jae’Lyn Withers stats (8.0 rebounds per game, 10.1 points per game, 0.5 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- David Johnson provides the bulk of the Cardinals’ three-point shooting production. He hits 1.7 threes per game to lead the team.
- Jones (1.5 steals per game) is the steal leader for Louisville while JJ Traynor (0.6 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED