The NC State Wolf Pack (10-9) are heavy underdogs (-12) as they look to build on a three-game road winning streak when they square off against the No. 15 Virginia Cavaliers (15-5) on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at John Paul Jones Arena. The matchup airs at 6:30 PM ET on ACCN. The matchup has an over/under set at 127.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|NC State (+12)||Over (127.5)||Virginia 72 NC State 64|
- In 50% of their opportunities this season (10 of 20 chances), the Cavaliers and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 127.5 points.
- NC State and its opponents have combined to score at least 127.5 points in 78.9% of their games this season (15 of 19 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 15.5 more points per game (143) than this matchup’s total of 127.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 130.5 points per game, 3.0 more than the point total for this game.
- The average point total for Cavaliers games this year is 1.9 more points than the over/under of 127.5 in this matchup.
- Wolf Pack games this season have averaged a total of 144.1 points, 16.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cavaliers put up 69.2 points per contest, just 1.1 fewer points than the 70.3 the Wolf Pack allow their opponents.
- Virginia has a 6-0 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall when scoring more than 70.3 points.
- NC State is 3-6 overall and 3-5-1 against the spread in games when it allows more than 69.2 points.
- The Wolf Pack average 13.6 more points per game (73.8) than the Cavaliers allow their opponents to score (60.2).
- NC State has gone 10-6 overall and 8-0-1 against the spread in games it scores more than 60.2 points.
- Virginia’s record is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall when it gives up more than 73.8 points.
- The Cavaliers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 179 points this season (nine points per game on average), and the Wolf Pack have put up 68 more points than their opponents on the year (3.5 per game).
Virginia Betting Information
- The Cavaliers have been solid against the spread this season, earning an 11-8 record.
- The Cavaliers have posted a winning record of 3-2 against the spread when the spread is -12 or higher.
- The Cavaliers and their opponents have gone over the total in 10 of 19 games (52.6%) this season.
NC State Betting Information
- The Wolf Pack have an 8-10-1 record against the spread, covering in just 42.1% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 12-point underdogs, the Wolf Pack have fared well, going 3-1 against the spread.
- NC State and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 11 of 19 (57.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/3/2021||Virginia||-6.5||127.5||-305||+242||Regular Season||64-57 VIR|
|1/20/2020||Virginia||-6||117.5||-268||+212||Regular Season||53-51 NCSU|
|1/29/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-65 VIR|
- Sam Hauser leads the Cavaliers in scoring and rebounding, tallying 15.1 points and 7.0 boards per game.
- Kihei Clark is the Cavaliers best passer, distributing 4.5 assists per game while scoring 10.2 PPG.
- Hauser contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Cavaliers. He knocks down 2.4 threes per game.
- Reece Beekman and Jay Huff lead Virginia on the defensive end, with Beekman leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Huff in blocks averaging 2.4 per contest.
NC State Leaders
- Devon Daniels is the top scorer for the Wolf Pack with 16.5 points per game. He also adds 5.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Manny Bates is atop the Wolf Pack rebounding leaderboard with 5.9 rebounds per game, and Cam Hayes leads the team in assists with 3.5 per contest.
- Hauser leads his teammates on the Wolf Pack with 1.6 made threes per contest.
- Shakeel Moore (1.6 steals per game) and Bates (2.8 blocks per game) lead the Wolf Pack in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED