The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (14-3) are favored (-6) to extend a three-game win streak when they host the North Carolina Tar Heels (12-6) at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at John Paul Jones Arena. The game airs on ESPN. The matchup has a point total of 129.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Virginia (-6)||Over (129.5)||Virginia 72 North Carolina 65|
- The Cavaliers and their opponents have totaled at least 129.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in eight of 17 opportunities (47.1%) this season.
- North Carolina and its opponents have combined to score at least 129.5 points in 88.9% of their games this season (16 of 18 chances).
- The Cavaliers and the Tar Heels combine to average 15.1 more points per game than the over/under of 129.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 129.8 points per game, 0.3 more than the point total for this game.
- The average point total for Cavaliers games this year is 0.4 more points than the over/under of 129.5 in this matchup.
- Tar Heels games this season have averaged an over/under of 144.5 points, 15.0 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 70.5 points per game the Cavaliers record are only 0.1 more points than the Tar Heels give up (70.4).
- When Virginia totals more than 70.4 points, it is 8-1 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- North Carolina is 3-5 against the spread and 4-4 overall when giving up more than 70.5 points.
- The Tar Heels put up an average of 74.1 points per game, 14.7 more points than the 59.4 the Cavaliers give up to opponents.
- In games it puts up more than 59.4 points, North Carolina is 7-0-1 against the spread and 12-5 overall.
- Virginia’s record is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it allows more than 74.1 points.
- The Cavaliers have put up a total of 189 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 11.1 per game), and the Tar Heels have out-scored opponents by 65 points on the season (3.7 more per game).
Virginia Betting Information
- The Cavaliers have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 10-6 record.
- When favored by at least 6 points, the Cavaliers have fared well against the spread, compiling an 8-4 record.
- Virginia and its opponents have reached the over 8 times in 16 contests this season.
North Carolina Betting Information
- The Tar Heels have a 7-10-1 record against the spread, covering in just 38.9% of their games.
- The Tar Heels have gone 3-3 against the spread when they are at least a 6-point underdog.
- North Carolina has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 38.9% of matchups this season (7 out of 18 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||North Carolina||-1.5||119||-127||+103||Regular Season||64-62 VIR|
|12/8/2019||Virginia||-4.5||113||-212||+169||Regular Season||56-47 VIR|
|2/11/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-61 VIR|
- Sam Hauser leads the Cavaliers in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 14.9 points and 7.2 boards per game.
- Kihei Clark is the Cavaliers best passer, distributing 4.6 assists per game while scoring 10.0 PPG.
- Hauser connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Cavaliers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.3 per game.
- The Virginia steals leader is Reece Beekman, who averages 1.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Jay Huff, who compiles 2.4 rejections per contest.
North Carolina Leaders
- Armando Bacot averages 12.2 points per game and is the top scorer for the Tar Heels.
- The North Carolina leaders in rebounding and assists are Day’Ron Sharpe with 7.8 rebounds per game (he also adds 9.7 points and 1.4 assists per game) and Caleb Love with 3.3 assists per game (he also tacks on 11.1 points and 2.6 rebounds per game).
- Kerwin Walton is consistent from deep and leads the Tar Heels with 1.8 made threes per game.
- North Carolina’s leader in steals is Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black with 1.4 per game, and its leader in blocks is Garrison Brooks with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED