The No. 13 Virginia Cavaliers (10-2) are 6.5-point favorites as they look to continue a six-game winning streak when they host the Syracuse Orange (9-4) on Monday, January 25, 2021 at John Paul Jones Arena. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has a point total of 130.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Syracuse (+6.5)||Over (130.5)||Virginia 73 Syracuse 68|
- In 50% of their opportunities this year (six of 12 chances), the Cavaliers and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 130.5 points.
- Syracuse has played in 10 games this year (out of 13 total matchups — 76.9% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 130.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 21.7 more points per game (152.2) than this game’s over/under of 130.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.6 less points per game (128.9) than this matchup’s over/under of 130.5 points.
- The average total the Cavaliers have had set in games this year is 1.8 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Orange this year is 18.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cavaliers score just 3.5 more points per game (72.8) than the Orange allow (69.3).
- When Virginia totals more than 69.3 points, it is 7-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread.
- Syracuse has recorded a 1-4 record against the spread and a 2-3 record overall when giving up more than 72.8 points.
- The Orange score 19.8 more points per game (79.4) than the Cavaliers give up to opponents (59.6).
- Syracuse is 9-4 overall and 5-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 59.6 points.
- Virginia’s record is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it allows more than 79.4 points.
- The Cavaliers have totaled 158 more points than their opponents this season (13.2 per game on average), and the Orange have scored 131 more points than their opponents (10.1 per game).
Virginia Betting Information
- The Cavaliers have been solid against the spread this season, earning a 7-4 record.
- When favored by at least 6.5 points, the Cavaliers have fared well against the spread, compiling a 6-3 record.
- The Cavaliers and their opponents have gone over the total in 6 of 11 games (54.5%) this season.
Syracuse Betting Information
- Syracuse has a losing record against the spread, going 5-7 ATS (covering only 41.7% of the time).
- When they are at least 6.5-point underdogs, the Orange have a record ATS of 2-4.
- The Orange and their opponents have hit the over in half of their games this year — 6 of 12.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/11/2020||Virginia||-8||115||-420||+317||Regular Season||63-55 SYRA|
|11/6/2019||Virginia||-3||121.5||-163||+134||Regular Season||48-34 VIR|
|3/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-53 VIR|
- Sam Hauser leads the Cavaliers in scoring and rebounding, tallying 14.5 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Kihei Clark is the Cavaliers best passer, dispensing 4.1 assists per game while scoring 10.2 PPG.
- Trey Murphy III paces his teammates on the Cavaliers with 2.3 made threes per game.
- Reece Beekman and Jay Huff lead Virginia on the defensive end, with Beekman leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Huff in blocks averaging 2.5 per contest.
- The Orange’s leader in scoring and rebounding is Quincy Guerrier with 16.9 points and 9.5 rebounds per game.
- Joseph Girard III dishes out 4.2 assists per game, the most assists on the Orange.
- Girard connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Orange, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 2.2 per outing.
- Syracuse’s leader in steals is Kadary Richmond (2.0 per game), and its leader in blocks is Alan Griffin (1.6 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Mercer Bears vs. Samford Bulldogs: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Western Kentucky Hilltoppers vs. Old Dominion Monarchs: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- North Texas Mean Green vs. UAB Blazers: 3/5/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Nevada Wolf Pack vs. Colorado State Rams: 3/5/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends