The ACC conference tournament continues Thursday as the No. 1 seed Virginia Cavaliers (17-6) face off against the No. 8 seed Syracuse Orange (16-8) at Greensboro Coliseum, starting at 12:00 PM ET. Virginia is a 5.5-point favorite to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Syracuse (+5.5)||Over (132.5)||Virginia 70 Syracuse 68|
- The Cavaliers and their opponents have scored no less than 132.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in eight of 23 outings (34.8%) this year.
- Syracuse has played in 20 games this year (out of 24 total matchups — 83.3% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 132.5 points.
- The Cavaliers and the Orange combine to average 12.1 more points per game than the total of 132.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.7 fewer points per game (130.8) than this game’s over/under of 132.5 points.
- The Cavaliers average point total in matchups this year is 128.6, 3.9 points below the total in this game.
- The average total in Orange games this year is 14.3 more points than the point total of 132.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 68.5 points the Cavaliers record per game are only 2.2 fewer points than the Orange give up (70.7).
- When Virginia totals more than 70.7 points, it is 6-0 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- Syracuse has a 2-10 record against the spread and a 5-7 record overall when allowing more than 68.5 points.
- The Orange’s 76.1 points per game are 16.0 more points than the 60.1 the Cavaliers allow to opponents.
- Syracuse has put together a 10-0 ATS record and a 16-6 overall record in games it scores more than 60.1 points.
- Virginia is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall when it gives up more than 76.1 points.
- The Cavaliers have totaled 193 more points than their opponents this season (8.4 per game on average), and the Orange have scored 131 more points than their opponents (5.4 per game).
Virginia Betting Information
- Virginia has been solid against the spread, going 12-10 this season.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Cavaliers have fared well against the spread, compiling a 9-6 record.
- Virginia has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 12 of 22 games for a 54.5% rate.
Syracuse Betting Information
- The Orange have a 10-13 record against the spread, covering in only 43.5% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Orange have a record ATS of 2-6.
- In the majority of Syracuse’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (12 out of 23 games, 52.2%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/25/2021||Virginia||-7.5||129.5||-345||+273||Regular Season||81-58 VIR|
|1/11/2020||Virginia||-8||115||-420||+317||Regular Season||63-55 SYRA|
|11/6/2019||Virginia||-3||121.5||-163||+134||Regular Season||48-34 VIR|
|3/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-53 VIR|
- The scoring leader for the Cavaliers this season is Sam Hauser, who averages 15.8 points, 6.8 rebounds, and 1.7 assists per game.
- Jay Huff is the Cavaliers leading rebounder, pulling down 6.9 per game, while Kihei Clark is their best passer, distributing 4.5 assists in each contest.
- Hauser connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Cavaliers, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.6 per contest.
- Reece Beekman and Huff lead the Cavaliers on the defensive end, with Beekman leading the team in steals averaging 1.2 per game and Huff in blocks averaging 2.5 per contest.
- Buddy Boeheim puts up 16.6 points per game to be the top scorer for the Orange.
- Syracuse’s leader in rebounds is Quincy Guerrier with 8.7 per game, and its leader in assists is Joseph Girard III with 3.4 per game.
- Boeheim is the top scorer from distance for the Orange, hitting 2.8 threes per game.
- Syracuse’s leader in steals is Kadary Richmond with 1.9 per game, and its leader in blocks is Alan Griffin with 1.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED