The No. 8 Virginia Cavaliers (11-2) are favored (-5) to continue a seven-game win streak when they visit the No. 20 Virginia Tech Hokies (12-3) at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 30, 2021 at Cassell Coliseum. The game airs on ACCN. The matchup’s point total is 124.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Virginia Tech (+5)||Over (124)||Virginia 69 Virginia Tech 66|
- In 69.2% of their games this season (nine of 13 chances), the Cavaliers and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s point total of 124 points.
- Virginia Tech has combined with its opponents to score at least 124 points in 13 of 15 outings (86.7%) this season.
- These two teams average a combined 145.9 points per game, 21.9 more points than the total of 124 set for this matchup.
- The Cavaliers and the Hokies have seen their opponents average a combined 0.2 more points per game than the point total of 124 set for this game.
- The average point total for Cavaliers games this season is 8.8 more points than the total of 124 in this matchup.
- Hokies games this year have averaged an over/under of 137.2 points, 13.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Cavaliers score 8.7 more points per game (73.4) than the Hokies allow (64.7).
- Virginia has a 9-1 record overall and a 7-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 64.7 points.
- When Virginia Tech gives up more than 73.4 points, it is 0-3 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- The Hokies average 13 more points per game (72.5) than the Cavaliers allow (59.5).
- Virginia Tech has put together a 9-0 ATS record and a 12-2 overall record in games it scores more than 59.5 points.
- Virginia’s record is 0-1 overall and 0-1 against the spread when it allows more than 72.5 points to its opponents.
- The Cavaliers have totaled 181 more points than their opponents this season (13.9 per game on average), and the Hokies have scored 118 more points than their opponents (7.8 per game).
Virginia Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Cavaliers have covered eight times in 12 contests.
- The Cavaliers have posted a winning record of 7-3 against the spread when the spread is -5 or bigger.
- In 7 of 12 (58.3%) contests this season, Virginia and its opponents have hit the over.
Virginia Tech Betting Information
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread in greater than half of its contests, going 9-5 ATS.
- The Hokies have gone 4-4 against the spread when they are at least a 5-point underdog.
- Virginia Tech and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 8 of 14 (57.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/26/2020||Virginia||-2.5||114||-147||+120||Regular Season||56-53 VIR|
|1/4/2020||Virginia||-8||110||-420||+317||Regular Season||65-39 VIR|
|2/18/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-58 VIR|
|1/15/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-59 VIR|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Cavaliers is Sam Hauser, who accumulates 15.0 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Kihei Clark leads the Cavaliers in assists, averaging 4.5 per game while also scoring 9.7 points per contest.
- Hauser’s 2.5 made threes per game lead the Cavaliers.
- The Virginia steals leader is Reece Beekman, who averages 1.7 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Jay Huff, who compiles 2.5 rejections per contest.
Virginia Tech Leaders
- Keve Aluma sits atop the Hokies leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 13.9 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Virginia Tech’s assist leader is Wabissa Bede with 2.6 per game. He also scores 4.5 points per game and adds 2.2 rebounds per game.
- Jalen Cole leads the Hokies in three-point shooting with an average of 2.7 made threes per game.
- Virginia Tech’s leader in steals is Hunter Cattoor with 1.0 per game, and its leader in blocks is Aluma with 1.4 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Northwestern Wildcats vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Liberty Flames vs. North Alabama Lions: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Drake Bulldogs: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview