The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (11-8) visit the No. 16 Virginia Tech Hokies (14-4) as 1.5-point underdogs after Michael Devoe scored 29 points in the Yellow Jackets 87-60 victory over Miami (FL). The matchup is at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, February 23, 2021. The over/under is 137 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Virginia Tech (-1.5)||Over (137)||Virginia Tech 72 Georgia Tech 70|
- In 61.1% of their games this season (11 of 18 chances), the Hokies and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 137 points.
- Georgia Tech and its opponents have combined to score more than 137 points in 68.4% of their matchups this season (13 of 19 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 10.7 more points per game (147.7) than this game’s over/under of 137 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.9 fewer points per game (136.1) than this game’s over/under of 137 points.
- The average point total for Hokies games this year is 1.1 more points than the over/under of 137 in this matchup.
- Yellow Jackets games this year have averaged a total of 145.7 points, 8.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hokies average 72.5 points per contest, only two more points than the 70.5 the Yellow Jackets allow their opponents.
- When Virginia Tech puts up more than 70.5 points, it is 7-0 against the spread and 9-2 overall.
- Georgia Tech has a 1-6 record against the spread and a 1-6 record overall in games when it gives up more than 72.5 points.
- The Yellow Jackets’ 75.2 points per game are 9.6 more points than the 65.6 the Hokies give up to opponents.
- Georgia Tech is 11-4 overall and 9-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 65.6 points.
- Virginia Tech is 0-4 against the spread and 2-2 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 75.2 points.
- The Hokies have totaled 125 more points than their opponents this season (6.9 per game on average), and the Yellow Jackets have scored 90 more points than their opponents (4.7 per game).
Virginia Tech Betting Information
- Against the spread, Virginia Tech has been strong this season, posting a 10-7 record.
- The Hokies have struggled to cover, going just 5-6 ATS when favored by at least 1.5 points.
- The Hokies have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 7 times in 17 games this season.
Georgia Tech Betting Information
- Georgia Tech has covered the spread in more than half of its contests, going 10-9 ATS.
- When they are at least 1.5-point underdogs, the Yellow Jackets have a record ATS of 4-5.
- The Yellow Jackets and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 10 of 19 (52.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/4/2020||Georgia Tech||-2.5||129.5||-150||+121||Regular Season||76-57 GTECH|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-68 VTECH|
|1/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||52-49 VTECH|
Virginia Tech Leaders
- Keve Aluma leads the Hokies in scoring and rebounding, tallying 15.7 points and 7.6 boards per game.
- Wabissa Bede is the Hokies best passer, distributing 3.0 assists per game while scoring 4.4 PPG.
- Jalen Cole’s 2.5 threes per game leads the Hokies.
- Bede is Virginia Tech’s leader in steals, averaging 0.9 steals per game, while Aluma leads them in blocks with 1.4 per contest.
Georgia Tech Leaders
- Jose Alvarado scores 16.7 points and tacks on 4.3 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Yellow Jackets’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Moses Wright grabs 7.6 rebounds per game (he also scores 16.3 points per game and adds 2.2 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Georgia Tech rebounding leaderboard.
- Cone leads his teammates on the Yellow Jackets with 2.4 made threes per outing.
- Georgia Tech’s leader in steals is Alvarado with 2.7 per game, and its leader in blocks is Wright with 1.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED