The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-6) are expected to continue a four-game losing streak when they visit the No. 19 Virginia Tech Hokies (8-2) as 7-point underdogs at 6:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 10, 2021 at Cassell Coliseum. The matchup airs on ACCN. The matchup’s over/under is 141.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 50% of their opportunities this season (five of 10 chances), the Hokies and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 141 points.
- Notre Dame has played in four games this year (out of eight total matchups — 50% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 141 points.
- The two teams average a combined 4.3 more points per game (145.3) than this game’s total of 141 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.1 less points per game (139.9) than this matchup’s total of 141 points.
- The Hokies average point total in matchups this year is 140.2, 0.8 points below the over/under in this game.
- Fighting Irish games this season have averaged an over/under of 145 points, four more than the point total in this matchup.
Virginia Tech Betting Information
- Against the spread, Virginia Tech has been strong this season, posting a 6-3 record.
- The Hokies fare well when favored by at least 7 points, posting a 3-2 record against the spread.
- Virginia Tech has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 7 of 9 games for a 77.8% rate.
Notre Dame Betting Information
- The Fighting Irish have a losing record against the spread, going 3-5 ATS (covering just 37.5% of the time).
- The Fighting Irish have not fared well as a 7-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 7-point underdogs.
- Notre Dame has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 37.5% of matchups this season (3 out of 8 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Notre Dame||-6.5||141||-287||+226||Regular Season||64-56 ND|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-59 VTECH|
|1/1/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-66 VTECH|
Virginia Tech Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Hokies is Keve Aluma, who accumulates 15.5 points and 6.5 rebounds per game.
- Wabissa Bede leads the Hokies in assists, averaging 3.1 per game while also scoring 5.4 points per contest.
- Jalen Cole leads the Hokies in three-point shooting with an average of 3.3 made threes per game.
- Bede and Aluma lead Virginia Tech on the defensive end, with Bede leading the team in steals averaging 0.9 per game and Aluma in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
Notre Dame Leaders
- Nate Laszewski sits on top of the Fighting Irish leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 17.2 points and 8.2 rebounds per game.
- Notre Dame’s assist leader is Prentiss Hubb with 4.6 per game. He also records 14.8 points per game and grabs 3.1 rebounds per game.
- Laszewski contributes the bulk of the Fighting Irish’s three-point shooting production. He connects on 2.6 threes per game to pace the team.
- Notre Dame’s leader in steals is Hubb with 0.9 per game, and its leader in blocks is Juwan Durham with 1.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found