The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-4) are 6.5-point underdogs as they attempt to stop a four-game losing streak when they host the No. 20 Virginia Tech Hokies (10-2) on Sunday, January 17, 2021 at Lawrence Joel Coliseum. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET on ACCN. The over/under is set at 141.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Wake Forest (+6.5)||Under (141.5)||Virginia Tech 73 Wake Forest 67|
- The Hokies and their opponents have combined to score more than 141.5 points in 41.7% of their outings this year (five of 12 opportunities).
- Wake Forest has played in three games this season (out of seven total matchups — 42.9% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 141.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 5.1 more points per game (146.6) than this matchup’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- The Hokies and the Demon Deacons have seen their opponents average a combined 9.4 fewer points per game than the over/under of 141.5 set for this game.
- The average over/under the Hokies have had set in matchups this season is 1.3 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Demon Deacons games this season is 3.1 less points than the point total of 141.5 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Hokies record 8.2 more points per game (75.2) than the Demon Deacons allow (67).
- Virginia Tech has a 7-0 record against the spread and an 8-1 record overall when putting up more than 67 points.
- In games Wake Forest gives up more than 75.2 points, it is 1-1 against the spread and 0-2 overall.
- The Demon Deacons score 6.3 more points per game (71.4) than the Hokies give up (65.1).
- When it scores more than 65.1 points, Wake Forest is 2-0 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- Virginia Tech is 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 71.4 points.
- The Hokies have totaled 121 more points than their opponents this season (10.1 per game on average), and the Demon Deacons have scored 31 more points than their opponents (4.4 per game).
Virginia Tech Betting Information
- The Hokies have been solid against the spread this season, earning an 8-3 record.
- The Hokies fare well when favored by at least 6.5 points, posting a 4-2 record against the spread.
- More often than not, Virginia Tech and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 8 of 11 chances this season.
Wake Forest Betting Information
- Wake Forest has covered the spread in half of its outings, going 3-3 ATS.
- When they are at least 6.5-point underdogs, the Demon Deacons have gone 1-1 against the spread.
- The Demon Deacons and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this year — 4 of 6 (66.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/14/2020||Virginia Tech||-3.5||137.5||-175||+142||Regular Season||80-70 VTECH|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-71 VTECH|
Virginia Tech Leaders
- Keve Aluma leads the Hokies in scoring and rebounding, accumulating 15.6 points and 7.0 rebounds per game.
- Wabissa Bede leads the Hokies in assists, averaging 2.8 per game while also scoring 5.0 points per contest.
- Jalen Cole hits more threes per game than any other member of the Hokies, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 3.3 per game.
- Bede is Virginia Tech’s leader in steals, averaging 0.9 steals per game, while Aluma leads them in blocks with 1.2 per contest.
Wake Forest Leaders
- Daivien Williamson’s points (11.4 per game) and assists (3.0 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Demon Deacons’ leaderboards.
- Isaiah Mucius is at the top of the Wake Forest rebounding leaderboard with 5.3 rebounds per game. He also notches 10.3 points and adds 0.0 assists per game.
- Jonah Antonio hits 2.5 three-pointers per game, the most on the Demon Deacons.
- Antonio (1.5 steals per game) and Jalen Johnson (0.6 blocks per game) lead the Demon Deacons in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED