The Samford Bulldogs (4-8) are 5-point underdogs as they try to break a three-game losing streak when they visit the VMI Keydets (8-9) on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at Cameron Hall. The matchup airs at 1:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has an over/under of 158.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|VMI (-5)||Under (158.5)||VMI 80 Samford 74|
- The Keydets and their opponents have put up at least 158.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in six of 17 outings (35.3%) this year.
- Samford and its opponents have combined to score at least 158.5 points in 33.3% of their matchups this season (four of 12 chances).
- The Keydets and the Bulldogs combine to average 3.5 less points per game than the total of 158.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.4 fewer points per game (154.1) than this game’s over/under of 158.5 points.
- The average total the Keydets have had set in games this year is 3.6 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under for Bulldogs games this season is 4.3 fewer points than the point total of 158.5 for this outing.
VMI Betting Information
- VMI has been good against the spread this season, posting a 9-4-1 record.
- The Keydets fare well when favored by at least 5 points, posting a 2-0 record against the spread.
- VMI and its opponents have reached the over 7 times in 14 contests this season.
Samford Betting Information
- Samford has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 4-7 ATS.
- When they are at least 5-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have not fared well, going 0-2 against the spread.
- Samford and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their games this season — 4 of 11 (36.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/6/2020||VMI||-2||154||-136||+112||Conference Tournament||96-78 VAMIL|
|2/29/2020||VMI||-1||153||-116||-107||Regular Season||84-78 SAMF|
|1/4/2020||Samford||-1||150.5||-115||-106||Regular Season||78-75 SAMF|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-77 SAMF|
|12/29/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||96-68 SAMF|
- The Keydets leader in points and assists is Greg Parham, who scores 18.9 points per game to go with 3.8 assists.
- Jake Stephens leads the Keydets in rebounding, grabbing 7.6 boards per game while also scoring 14.6 points a contest.
- Parham’s 2.9 threes per game leads the Keydets.
- Trey Bonham and Stephens lead the Keydets on the defensive end, with Bonham leading the team in steals averaging 1.2 per game and Stephens in blocks averaging 1.8 per contest.
- Myron Gordon racks up 15.6 points per game to be the top scorer for the Bulldogs.
- The Samford leaders in rebounding and assists are Christian Guess with 9.0 rebounds per game (he also adds 15.1 points and 2.3 assists per game) and Richardson Maitre with 3.1 assists per game (he also tacks on 6.4 points and 3.7 rebounds per game).
- A.J. Staton-McCray is the top shooter from distance for the Bulldogs, hitting 1.5 threes per game.
- Staton-McCray (1.6 steals per game) is the steal leader for Samford while Jacob Tryon (0.9 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends