The Western Carolina Catamounts (7-6) will look to break a four-game losing streak when they hit the road to play the VMI Keydets (7-7) on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at Cameron Hall as just 2.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The over/under for the matchup is 158.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|VMI (-2.5)||Under (158)||VMI 81 Western Carolina 76|
- In seven of 14 opportunities (50%) this year, the Keydets and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 158 points.
- Western Carolina has combined with its opponents to score more than 158 points in seven of 13 opportunities (53.8%) this season.
- These two teams average a combined 161.6 points per game, 3.6 more points than the total of 158 set for this matchup.
- The Keydets and the Catamounts have seen their opponents average a combined 3.6 less points per game than the point total of 158 set in this matchup.
- The average total the Keydets have had set in games this year is 0.5 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under in Catamounts games this season is 0.5 less points than the point total of 158 for this outing.
VMI Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Keydets have covered seven times in 10 contests.
- When favored by at least 2.5 points, the Keydets have fared well against the spread, putting together a 3-0 record.
- The Keydets have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 4 times in 10 games this season.
Western Carolina Betting Information
- Western Carolina has a losing record against the spread, going 3-8 ATS (covering just 27.3% of the time).
- When they play as at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Catamounts have a record ATS of 0-4.
- The Catamounts and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 7 of 11 (63.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/19/2020||Western Carolina||-8.5||152.5||-435||+323||Regular Season||74-71 VAMIL|
|1/8/2020||Western Carolina||-4.5||154||-197||+161||Regular Season||97-85 WCAR|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-78 VAMIL|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||91-83 VAMIL|
- The Keydets leader in points and assists is Greg Parham, who puts up 19.8 points per game to go with 3.8 assists.
- Jake Stephens is the Keydets best rebounder, pulling down an average of 7.6 boards in each contest while scoring 13.9 points per game.
- Parham contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Keydets. He knocks down 3.1 threes per game.
- Trey Bonham is VMI’s leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Stephens leads them in blocks with 1.8 per contest.
Western Carolina Leaders
- Mason Faulkner is atop nearly all of the Catamounts’ leaderboards by putting up 16.1 points, 5.9 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game.
- Matt Halvorsen leads his teammates on the Catamounts with 3.9 made threes per outing.
- Western Carolina’s leader in steals is Faulkner with 1.3 per game, and its leader in blocks is Xavier Cork with 1.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Utah State Aggies vs. Nevada Wolf Pack: 2/26/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Grand Canyon Antelopes vs. Seattle U Redhawks 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- CSU Bakersfield Roadrunners vs. CSU Northridge Matadors 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- UCSB Gauchos vs. UC Riverside Highlanders: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- UNLV Rebels vs. Fresno State Bulldogs: 2/26/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends