The ACC has been one of the best conferences in college basketball this season, with no less than 5 teams currently sitting in the top 25 rankings. The Virginia Cavaliers (22-1, 10-1) are currently at the top of the heap in that conference, but they have some work to do if they want to stay there until the end of the regular season. They welcome the Wake Forest Demon Deacons on Saturday afternoon, and here is a college basketball betting analysis on this game.
How To Bet The Demon Deacons vs Cavaliers NCAA Hoops Lines & Game InfoDate/Time: Saturday, February 14th, 2:30 PMLocation: John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VirginiaSpread: Virginia -17.5
Why Bet on the Virginia Cavaliers?The Cavaliers have to face Wake Forest twice in the next 11 days, with games against Pitt and Florida State wedged in between those two meetings. Virginia took their first loss of the season versus Duke a couple of weeks ago, and it can be argued that they have looked a little fragile ever since. Yes, they have won the three games following that loss, but they have not looked very good offensively in the process.They knocked off North Carolina 75-64, but that was followed up by wind against Louisville and North Carolina State where they only managed to put a combined 103 points on the board. That they still managed to win those games tells you that they have the #1 ranked defense in the country for a reason, giving up just 50.5 PPG. Defensive ball is great, but if they have an off night in the tournament, you have to wonder if they can pick up the slack offensively.
Why Bet on the Wake Forest Demon DeaconsThe good news for Virginia heading into Saturday is that the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (12-13, 4-8) have a hard time keeping opponents off the score board. They are giving up over 70 points per game, and have actually given up 80 points or more in 4 of their last 8 games. The Demon Deacons went on a 4-game losing skid during the month of January, but have pulled out of that to win 3 of their last 4 games, with all the wins coming on home court. That said, they have lost all 4 of their previous road games, which does not bode well for them this weekend as they head to Virginia.
Virginia vs Wake Forest Key Betting Trends
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
- Wake Forest is 9-4 ATS in its last 13 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Wake Forest’s last 5 games
- Wake Forest is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Wake Forest is 6-18 ATS in its last 24 games on the road
- Wake Forest is 3-22 SU in its last 25 games on the road
- Wake Forest is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Virginia
- Wake Forest is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games when playing Virginia
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Wake Forest’s last 8 games when playing Virginia
- Virginia is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Virginia is 22-1 SU in its last 23 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Virginia’s last 10 games
- Virginia is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Virginia is 12-1 SU in its last 13 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Virginia’s last 5 games at home
- Virginia is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Wake Forest
- Virginia is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games when playing Wake Forest
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Virginia’s last 8 games when playing Wake Forest