The Iowa State Cyclones (2-9) will try to break a five-game losing streak when they host the No. 17 West Virginia Mountaineers (11-5) on Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at Hilton Coliseum as big, 11.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup’s point total is set at 145.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|West Virginia (-11.5)||Under (145.5)||West Virginia 79 Iowa State 66|
- In 50% of their games this year (eight of 16 chances), the Mountaineers and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s point total of 145.5 points.
- Iowa State and its opponents have combined to score at least 145.5 points in four of 11 outings (36.4%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 142.2 points per game, 3.3 less points than the total of 145.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.0 more points per game (147.5) than this matchup’s total of 145.5 points.
- The Mountaineers average point total in outings this year is 146, 0.5 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Cyclones this year is 1.8 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 75.7 points the Mountaineers score per game are just 1.5 fewer points than the Cyclones surrender (77.2).
- West Virginia has a 5-0 record against the spread and a 6-2 record overall when putting up more than 77.2 points.
- Iowa State is 0-6 overall and 2-4 against the spread in games when it gives up more than 75.7 points.
- The Cyclones score an average of 66.5 points per game, only 3.8 fewer points than the 70.3 the Mountaineers allow.
- When it scores more than 70.3 points, Iowa State is 1-0 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- West Virginia is 4-6 against the spread and 5-5 overall when it allows more than 66.5 points.
- The Mountaineers have scored a total of 86 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 5.4 per game), while the Cyclones have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 117 total points, -10.7 per game).
West Virginia Betting Information
- West Virginia has covered about half the time against spread this season, covering eight times in 16 contests.
- The Mountaineers have struggled to cover, going just 1-2 ATS when favored by at least 11.5 points.
- In 10 of 16 (62.5%) contests this season, West Virginia and its opponents have hit the total.
Iowa State Betting Information
- The Cyclones have a losing record against the spread, going 3-8 ATS (covering just 27.3% of the time).
- When they are at least 11.5-point underdogs, the Cyclones have not fared well, going 0-2 against the spread.
- In most of Cyclones games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (6 out of 11 games, 54.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/18/2020||West Virginia||-15||140||-1667||+853||Regular Season||70-65 WVU|
|3/3/2020||West Virginia||-6||138||-263||+208||Regular Season||77-71 WVU|
|2/5/2020||West Virginia||-10.5||144.5||-672||+461||Regular Season||76-61 WVU|
|3/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-75 WVU|
|1/30/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||93-68 IAST|
West Virginia Leaders
- Miles McBride leads the Mountaineers in points and assists per game, scoring 15.4 points and distributing 4.5 assists.
- Derek Culver is West Virginia’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 10.3 boards in each contest while scoring 14.1 points per game.
- Sean McNeil leads the Mountaineers in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.9 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- McBride is West Virginia’s leader in steals, averaging 1.8 steals per game, while Culver leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
Iowa State Leaders
- Rasir Bolton scores 15.5 points and tacks on 4.3 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Cyclones’ leaderboards for those statistics.
- Solomon Young grabs 5.2 rebounds per game (he also scores 12.0 points per game and adds 0.7 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Iowa State rebounding leaderboard.
- Jalen Coleman-Lands leads his teammates on the Cyclones with 2.2 made threes per game.
- Bolton (1.7 steals per game) is the steal leader for Iowa State while Young (1.0 block per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED