Taz Sherman leads the No. 10 West Virginia Mountaineers (16-6) against the Kansas State Wildcats (7-17) after scoring 23 points in a 74-66 win over TCU. The Wildcats are 14.5-point underdogs in the game on Saturday, February 27, 2021, which tips at 4:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The over/under is 139 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|West Virginia (-14.5)||Over (139)||West Virginia 80 Kansas State 62|
- In 77.3% of their games this season (17 of 22 chances), the Mountaineers and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 139 points.
- Kansas State and its opponents have added up to score at least 139 points in 33.3% of their games this year (eight of 24 opportunities).
- The Mountaineers and the Wildcats combine to average 0.3 more points per game than the total of 139 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 143.4 points per game, 4.4 more than the point total in this game.
- The Mountaineers average point total in matchups this season is 149.7, 10.7 points higher than the total in this game.
- The average total for Wildcats games this year is six less points than the point total of 139 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mountaineers record 6.3 more points per game (77.6) than the Wildcats allow (71.3).
- West Virginia is 12-3 overall and 10-0 against the spread when scoring more than 71.3 points.
- Kansas State is 0-6 overall and 3-3 against the spread when giving up more than 77.6 points.
- The Wildcats’ 61.7 points per game are 10.4 fewer points than the 72.1 the Mountaineers give up.
- When it scores more than 72.1 points, Kansas State is 2-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- West Virginia’s record is 10-9 against the spread and 13-6 overall when it gives up more than 61.7 points.
- The Mountaineers have scored a total of 122 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 5.5 per game), while the Wildcats have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 230 total points, -9.6 per game).
West Virginia Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Mountaineers have covered 12 times in 22 contests.
- The Mountaineers have covered half the time, going 1-1 against the spread when favored by at least 14.5 points.
- West Virginia has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 15 of 22 games for a 68.2% rate.
Kansas State Betting Information
- The Wildcats have a 9-15 record against the spread, covering in just 37.5% of their contests.
- The Wildcats and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this year — 10 of 24 (41.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2021||West Virginia||-11||136||-715||+500||Regular Season||69-47 WVU|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-57 WVU|
|1/18/2020||West Virginia||-5.5||125||-246||+197||Regular Season||84-68 KSU|
|2/18/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-51 KSU|
|1/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-69 KSU|
West Virginia Leaders
- Miles McBride leads the Mountaineers in points and assists per game, scoring 16.0 points and distributing 4.7 assists.
- Derek Culver leads West Virginia in rebounding, grabbing 10.3 boards per game while also scoring 15.1 points a contest.
- Sean McNeil leads the Mountaineers in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.2 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- McBride and Culver lead West Virginia on the defensive end, with McBride leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Culver in blocks averaging 0.9 per contest.
Kansas State Leaders
- Nijel Pack’s points (12.1 per game) and assists (3.9 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Wildcats’ leaderboards.
- Antonio Gordon is at the top of the Kansas State rebounding leaderboard with 5.7 rebounds per game. He also racks up 5.8 points and adds 0.8 assists per game.
- Mike McGuirl’s 2.2 made threes per game lead the Wildcats.
- The Wildcats’ leader in steals is Pack with 1.2 per game, and Kaosi Ezeagu is their leader in blocks with 0.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED