The No. 4 seed West Virginia Mountaineers (18-8) are 3-point favorites in the Big 12 Tournament quarterfinals when they face off against the No. 5 seed Oklahoma State Cowboys (18-7) on Thursday at Sprint Center, beginning at 11:30 AM ET on ESPN. Both teams hope to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Oklahoma State (+3)||Under (151)||West Virginia 75 Oklahoma State 74|
- In 12 of 26 games (46.2%) this year, the Mountaineers and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s over/under of 151 points.
- Oklahoma State has played in 12 games this season (out of 25 total matchups — 48% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 151 points.
- The Mountaineers and the Cowboys combine to average 3.2 more points per game than the over/under of 151 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 144.4 points per game, 6.6 fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average total the Mountaineers have had set in matchups this season is 1.3 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Cowboys games this season is 2.1 fewer points than the point total of 151 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mountaineers score 5.3 more points per game (77.6) than the Cowboys give up (72.3).
- West Virginia has a 10-0-1 record against the spread and a 13-5 record overall when scoring more than 72.3 points.
- Oklahoma State is 3-5 overall and 3-5 against the spread in games when it allows more than 77.6 points.
- The Cowboys score an average of 76.6 points per game, just 4.5 more points than the 72.1 the Mountaineers allow.
- When it scores more than 72.1 points, Oklahoma State is 12-0 against the spread and 14-4 overall.
- West Virginia’s record is 5-4-1 against the spread and 4-6 overall when it allows more than 76.6 points.
- The Mountaineers have scored a total of 143 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 5.5 per game), and the Cowboys have out-scored opponents by 108 points on the season (4.3 more per game).
West Virginia Betting Information
- The Mountaineers have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 13-12-1 record.
- The Mountaineers have posted a losing record of 7-9 against the spread when the spread is -3 or higher.
- In 18 of 26 (69.2%) contests this season, West Virginia and its opponents have hit the over.
Oklahoma State Betting Information
- Oklahoma State has covered the spread in greater than half of its outings, going 15-9-1 ATS.
- The Cowboys have not fared well as a 3-point underdog, going 4-6-1 against the spread when they are at least 3-point underdogs.
- Oklahoma State and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 16 of 25 (64%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/6/2021||West Virginia||-10||147||-540||+395||Regular Season||85-80 OKST|
|1/4/2021||West Virginia||-1.5||143.5||-125||+103||Regular Season||87-84 WVU|
|2/18/2020||West Virginia||-10.5||135.5||-659||+453||Regular Season||65-47 WVU|
|1/6/2020||Oklahoma State||-1||137||-117||-105||Regular Season||55-41 WVU|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-77 OKST|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-77 OKST|
West Virginia Leaders
- The Mountaineers leader in points and assists is Miles McBride, who puts up 15.3 points per game along with 4.7 assists.
- Derek Culver leads the Mountaineers in rebounding, grabbing 9.8 rebounds per game while also scoring 14.8 points a contest.
- The Mountaineers get the most three-point shooting production out of Sean McNeil, who makes 2.3 threes per game.
- The West Virginia steals leader is McBride, who averages 1.8 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Culver, who compiles 0.8 rejections per contest.
Oklahoma State Leaders
- Isaac Likekele racks up 6.9 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game, placing him atop the Cowboys’ rebound and assists leaderboards.
- Cade Cunningham’s stat line of 19.8 points, 6.3 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game put him atop the Cowboys scoring leaderboard.
- Cunningham is the top scorer from distance for the Cowboys, hitting 2.0 threes per game.
- Oklahoma State’s leader in steals is Cunningham (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Kalib Boone (1.3 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED