The No. 9 West Virginia Mountaineers (8-3) visit the Oklahoma State Cowboys (7-2) in a matchup of Big 12 teams at Gallagher-Iba Arena, starting at 9:00 PM ET on Monday, January 4, 2021. The Mountaineers are 1-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has a point total of 144.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Oklahoma State (+1)||Over (144)||West Virginia 74 Oklahoma State 73|
- In six of 11 opportunities (54.5%) this season, the Mountaineers and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 144 points.
- In six of nine opportunities (66.7%) this season, Oklahoma State has combined with its opponents to score at least 144 points.
- The Mountaineers and the Cowboys combine to average 7.6 more points per game than the over/under of 144 set for this matchup.
- The Mountaineers and the Cowboys have seen their opponents average a combined 4.8 less points per game than the point total of 144 set for this matchup.
- The Mountaineers average point total in outings this season is 142.5, 1.5 points below the over/under in this game.
- Cowboys games this year have averaged an over/under of 148.3 points, 4.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mountaineers score 74.3 points per contest, only 3.3 more points than the 71 the Cowboys give up to opponents.
- When West Virginia scores more than 71 points, it is 5-2 overall and 4-0 against the spread.
- Oklahoma State is 2-2 against the spread and 2-2 overall when allowing more than 74.3 points.
- The Cowboys put up 9.1 more points per game (77.3) than the Mountaineers give up to opponents (68.2).
- Oklahoma State has compiled a 6-2 overall record and a 4-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 68.2 points.
- West Virginia has a 0-2 record overall and an ATS record of 1-1 in games when its opponents put up more than 77.3 points.
- The Mountaineers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 67 points this season (6.1 points per game on average), and the Cowboys have put up 57 more points than their opponents on the year (6.3 per game).
West Virginia Betting Information
- West Virginia has struggled against the spread, going 5-6 on the year.
- The Mountaineers have covered half the time, going 4-4 against the spread when favored by at least 1 points.
- West Virginia has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to hit the total in 6 of 11 games for a 54.5% rate.
Oklahoma State Betting Information
- The Cowboys record against the spread is 4-4-1.
- When they play as at least 1-point underdogs, the Cowboys have a record ATS of 1-4-1.
- The Cowboys and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this season — 5 of 9 (55.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/18/2020||West Virginia||-10.5||135.5||-659||453||Regular Season||65-47 WVU|
|1/6/2020||Oklahoma State||-1||137||-117||-105||Regular Season||55-41 WVU|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-77 OKST|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-77 OKST|
West Virginia Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Mountaineers is Miles McBride, who scores 14.8 points and dishes out 4.1 assists per game.
- Derek Culver is West Virginia’s best rebounder, grabbing an average of 9.5 boards in each contest while scoring 13.0 points per game.
- Sean McNeil leads his teammates on the Mountaineers with 1.7 made threes per outing.
- McBride is the Mountaineers leader in steals, averaging 1.8 steals per game, while Culver leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
Oklahoma State Leaders
- Isaac Likekele has tallied 8.1 boards and 3.7 assists per game, putting him atop the Cowboys leaderboards in those categories.
- Cade Cunningham racks up 18.7 points per game and is at the top of the Cowboys scoring leaderboard.
- Bryce Williams’ 1.5 made threes per game lead the Cowboys.
- Williams (1.8 steals per game) and Cunningham (0.9 blocks per game) lead the Cowboys in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found