Taz Sherman leads the No. 6 West Virginia Mountaineers (17-7) into a matchup with the TCU Horned Frogs (12-11) after scoring 26 points in a 94-89 loss to Baylor. The Horned Frogs are 13.5-point underdogs in the matchup on Thursday, March 4, 2021, which tips off at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The point total in the matchup is set at 146.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|West Virginia (-13.5)||Under (146)||West Virginia 79 TCU 65|
- In 14 of 24 outings (58.3%) this year, the Mountaineers and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 146 points.
- TCU has played in nine games this year (out of 23 total matchups — 39.1% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 146 points.
- The two teams average a combined 0.7 less points per game (145.3) than this game’s over/under of 146 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.4 fewer points per game (142.6) than this game’s total of 146 points.
- The average point total for Mountaineers games this year is 3.4 more points than the over/under of 146 in this matchup.
- The average total for Horned Frogs games this season is 7.5 fewer points than the point total of 146 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mountaineers record 6.8 more points per game (77.6) than the Horned Frogs give up (70.8).
- West Virginia has a 10-0-1 record against the spread and a 12-5 record overall when putting up more than 70.8 points.
- TCU is 3-4 against the spread and 2-5 overall when giving up more than 77.6 points.
- The Horned Frogs’ 67.7 points per game are only 4.1 fewer points than the 71.8 the Mountaineers give up to opponents.
- TCU is 6-0 against the spread and 7-2 overall when it scores more than 71.8 points.
- West Virginia has a 9-7 record overall and an ATS record of 7-8-1 in games when its opponents put up more than 67.7 points.
- The Mountaineers have totaled 139 more points than their opponents this season (5.8 per game on average), while the Horned Frogs have been out-scored by 71 total points (3.1 per game average differential).
West Virginia Betting Information
- Against the spread, West Virginia has been strong this season, posting a 13-10-1 record.
- When favored by at least 13.5 points, the Mountaineers have fared well against the spread, putting together a 2-1 record.
- More often than not, West Virginia and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 16 of 24 chances this season.
TCU Betting Information
- TCU has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 9-13 ATS.
- When they play as at least 13.5-point underdogs, the Horned Frogs have a record ATS of 0-2.
- In the majority of TCU’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (10 out of 22 games, 45.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/23/2021||West Virginia||-6.5||145.5||-304||+240||Regular Season||74-66 WVU|
|2/22/2020||West Virginia||-5||127||-232||+183||Regular Season||67-60 TCU|
|1/14/2020||West Virginia||-7||125.5||-335||+260||Regular Season||81-49 WVU|
|2/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||104-96 WVU|
|1/15/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||98-67 TCU|
West Virginia Leaders
- The Mountaineers leader in points and assists is Miles McBride, who scores 15.7 points per game along with 4.7 assists.
- Derek Culver leads West Virginia in rebounding, pulling down 10.1 boards per game while also scoring 14.7 points a contest.
- Sean McNeil contributes the bulk of the Mountaineers’ three-point shooting production. He hits 2.4 threes per game to lead the team.
- McBride is the Mountaineers leader in steals, averaging 1.8 steals per game, while Culver leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
- The Horned Frogs’ RJ Nembhard averages enough points (16.6 per game) and assists (4.0 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- TCU’s Kevin Samuel stats (8.1 rebounds per game, 9.1 points per game, 0.7 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Mike Miles is consistent from three-point range and leads the Horned Frogs with 1.6 made threes per game.
- Samuel’s steals (1.1 steals per game) and blocks (1.8 blocks per game) lead TCU on defense.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED