The Western Carolina Catamounts (11-15) visit the Citadel Bulldogs (12-11) in a matchup of SoCon teams at U.S. Cellular Center (NC), tipping off at 5:30 PM ET on Friday, March 5, 2021. The Catamounts are 2-point favorites in the game, the third matchup between the teams this season. The over/under for the matchup is set at 159.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Catamounts and their opponents have combined for 159 points — this matchup’s point total — in 10 of 26 opportunities (38.5%) this season.
- In seven of 23 opportunities (30.4%) this season, Citadel has combined with its opponents to score more than 159 points.
- The two teams average a combined 3.6 less points per game (155.4) than this game’s total of 159 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined three less points per game (156) than this game’s total of 159 points.
- The average point total in Catamounts games this year is 5.8 fewer points than the total of 159 in this matchup.
- Bulldogs games this year have averaged a total of 158.3 points, 0.7 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Catamounts average just 2.9 fewer points per game (75.1) than the Bulldogs allow (78).
- Western Carolina is 7-4 overall and 3-0 against the spread when scoring more than 78 points.
- In games Citadel gives up more than 75.1 points, it is 5-7 against the spread and 3-9 overall.
- The Bulldogs score just 2.3 more points per game (80.3) than the Catamounts give up (78).
- Citadel is 6-0 against the spread and 9-3 overall when it scores more than 78 points.
- Western Carolina has a 3-7 record overall and an ATS record of 0-9 in games when its opponents put up more than 80.3 points.
- The Catamounts have been out-scored by 76 points this season (2.9 points per game on average), while the Bulldogs have put up 54 more points than their opponents on the year (2.3 per game).
Western Carolina Betting Information
- Western Carolina has covered in just six of 24 matchups this season.
- The Catamounts have posted a losing record of 0-6-1 against the spread when the spread is -2 or bigger.
- The Catamounts have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 11 of 24 games (45.8%).
Citadel Betting Information
- Citadel has a 12-7 record against the spread, covering in 63.2% of their games.
- The Bulldogs have fared well as a 2-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 2-point underdogs.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this year — 6 of 19 (31.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2021||Western Carolina||-1.5||165.5||-119||-102||Regular Season||74-63 CITA|
|2/1/2021||Western Carolina||-7||169.5||-312||+244||Regular Season||76-75 WCAR|
|2/22/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||96-84 WCAR|
|1/4/2020||Western Carolina||-6||163||-265||+210||Regular Season||86-82 WCAR|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||103-82 WCAR|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-82 WCAR|
Western Carolina Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Catamounts is Mason Faulkner, who scores 16.4 points and distributes 4.7 assists per game.
- Cory Hightower is the Catamounts best rebounder, grabbing an average of 6.3 boards in each contest while scoring 14.5 points per game.
- Matt Halvorsen makes more threes per game than any other member of the Catamounts, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.0 per contest.
- Travion McCray is the Catamounts leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Xavier Cork leads them in blocks with 1.4 per contest.
- Hayden Brown has the top spot on the Bulldogs leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 19.0 points and 10.5 rebounds per game.
- The Bulldogs’ leading assist machine is Tyler Moffe with a stat line of 4.5 assists, 9.3 points, and 4.3 rebounds per game.
- Kaiden Rice knocks down 4.0 three-pointers per game, the most on the Bulldogs.
- Citadel’s leader in steals is Brown with 1.1 per game, and its leader in blocks is Stephen Clark with 2.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED