The Western Carolina Catamounts (7-3) visit the Samford Bulldogs (3-5) in a matchup of SoCon teams at Pete Hanna Center, tipping off at 3:00 PM ET on Monday, January 18, 2021. The Catamounts are 2-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has a point total of 162.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Samford (+2)||Under (162)||Samford 79 Western Carolina 78|
- In 40% of their games this season (four of 10 chances), the Catamounts and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 162 points.
- Samford and its opponents have combined to score more than 162 points in two of eight outings (25%) this season.
- The Catamounts and the Bulldogs combine to average two fewer points per game than the total of 162 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 155.9 points per game, 6.1 less than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average over/under the Catamounts have had set in matchups this year is 0.9 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Bulldogs this season is 7.2 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Western Carolina Betting Information
- The Catamounts have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 3-5 record.
- The Catamounts have struggled to cover, going just 0-4 ATS when favored by at least 2 points.
- The Catamounts and their opponents have gone over the total in 6 of 8 games (75%) this season.
Samford Betting Information
- Samford has covered the spread in less than half of its outings, going 2-5 ATS.
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have not fared well, going 0-3 against the spread.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have hit the over in half of their matchups this year — 3 of 7.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/26/2020||Western Carolina||-10.5||160.5||-634||+440||Regular Season||109-78 WCAR|
|2/5/2020||Western Carolina||-3.5||167||-175||+143||Regular Season||78-70 WCAR|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-81 SAMF|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-69 WCAR|
Western Carolina Leaders
- Mason Faulkner leads the Catamounts in points and assists per game, scoring 17.0 points and distributing 4.2 assists.
- Xavier Cork leads the Catamounts in rebounding, pulling down 6.3 boards per game while also scoring 14.9 points a contest.
- Matt Halvorsen makes more threes per game than any other member of the Catamounts, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.9 per contest.
- The Western Carolina steals leader is Travion McCray, who averages 1.3 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Cork, who compiles 2.1 rejections per contest.
- Myron Gordon sits at the top of the Bulldogs scoring leaderboard with 15.6 points per game. He also collects 3.2 rebounds and averages 1.7 assists per game.
- The Samford leaders in rebounding and assists are Christian Guess with 9.4 rebounds per game (he also adds 15.5 points and 2.1 assists per game) and Richardson Maitre with 3.2 assists per game (he also tacks on 7.0 points and 4.0 rebounds per game).
- Triston Chambers leads his teammates on the Bulldogs with 1.7 made threes per game.
- The Bulldogs’ leader in steals is A.J. Staton-McCray with 1.5 per game, and Jacob Tryon is their leader in blocks with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Northwestern Wildcats vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Liberty Flames vs. North Alabama Lions: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Drake Bulldogs: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview