The Western Carolina Catamounts (8-10) are at home in SoCon action against the VMI Keydets (8-8) on Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 7:00 PM ET. The Catamounts are 1-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has a point total of 154.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|VMI (+1)||Under (154.5)||VMI 78 Western Carolina 76|
- In 38.9% of their opportunities this season (seven of 18 chances), the Catamounts and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup’s over/under of 154.5 points.
- VMI has combined with its opponents to score at least 154.5 points in eight of 16 games (50%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 1.1 more points per game (155.6) than this matchup’s over/under of 154.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.8 less points per game (153.7) than this matchup’s total of 154.5 points.
- The average total the Catamounts have had set in games this season is 0.7 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under in Keydets games this year is 1.0 more point than the point total of 154.5 in this outing.
Western Carolina Betting Information
- Western Carolina has struggled against the spread, going 4-12 on the year.
- The Catamounts have posted a losing record of 0-8 against the spread when the spread is -1 or higher.
- The Catamounts have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 7 of 16 games (43.8%).
VMI Betting Information
- VMI has a 9-4 record against the spread, covering in 69.2% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 1-point underdogs, the Keydets have a record ATS of 4-0.
- In most of VMI’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (7 out of 13 games, 53.8%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/27/2021||VMI||-1||158||-114||-107||Regular Season||87-61 VAMIL|
|2/19/2020||Western Carolina||-8.5||152.5||-435||+323||Regular Season||74-71 VAMIL|
|1/8/2020||Western Carolina||-4.5||154||-197||+161||Regular Season||97-85 WCAR|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-78 VAMIL|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||91-83 VAMIL|
Western Carolina Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Catamounts is Mason Faulkner, who scores 16.1 points and dishes out 4.5 assists per game.
- Western Carolina’s best rebounder is Cory Hightower, who averages 6.3 boards per game in addition to his 13.6 PPG average.
- The Catamounts get the most three-point shooting production out of Matt Halvorsen, who makes 3.3 threes per game.
- Travion McCray and Xavier Cork lead the Catamounts on the defensive end, with McCray leading the team in steals averaging 1.2 per game and Cork in blocks averaging 1.6 per contest.
- Greg Parham’s points (19.2 per game) and assists (3.7 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Keydets’ leaderboards.
- Jake Stephens’ stat line of 7.6 rebounds, 14.5 points and 3.2 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the VMI rebounding leaderboard.
- Parham is the top shooter from distance for the Keydets, hitting 3.0 threes per game.
- The Keydets’ leader in steals is Trey Bonham with 1.2 per game, and Stephens is their leader in blocks with 1.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends