The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (13-4) are heavy, 11.5-point favorites as they look to extend a four-game winning streak when they host the Rice Owls (12-8) on Friday, February 12, 2021 at E. A. Diddle Arena. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has a point total of 147.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Rice (+11.5)||Under (147.5)||Western Kentucky 78 Rice 68|
- The Hilltoppers and their opponents have put up at least 147.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in six of 17 outings (35.3%) this year.
- Rice and its opponents have combined to score more than 147.5 points in 55% of their games this season (11 of 20 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 3.8 more points per game (151.3) than this matchup’s total of 147.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.7 less points per game (141.8) than this matchup’s total of 147.5 points.
- The Hilltoppers average point total in matchups this year is 143.6, 3.9 points below the over/under in this game.
- Owls games this year have averaged an over/under of 149.4 points, 1.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.1 points the Hilltoppers average per game are only 1.8 more points than the Owls surrender (72.3).
- When Western Kentucky puts up more than 72.3 points, it is 8-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread.
- Rice has a 2-6 record against the spread and a 2-6 record overall in games when it gives up more than 74.1 points.
- The Owls average 7.7 more points per game (77.2) than the Hilltoppers give up to opponents (69.5).
- Rice has put together a 10-3 overall record and an 8-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 69.5 points.
- Western Kentucky has an ATS record of 1-1 and a 2-0 record overall when its opponents score more than 77.2 points.
- The Hilltoppers have scored a total of 77 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 4.6 per game), and the Owls have out-scored opponents by 97 points on the season (4.9 more per game).
Western Kentucky Betting Information
- The Hilltoppers have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 7-10 record.
- When favored by at least 11.5 points, the Hilltoppers have struggled to a 0-3 record ATS this season.
- The Hilltoppers have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 7 of 17 contests this season, a rate of 41.2%
Rice Betting Information
- Rice has a 10-6-1 record against the spread, covering in 58.8% of their outings.
- The Owls have not fared well as a 11.5-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 11.5-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Rice’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (8 out of 17 games, 47.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/4/2020||Western Kentucky||-11||156||-715||+480||Regular Season||68-61 WKENT|
|2/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-85 WKENT|
Western Kentucky Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Hilltoppers is Charles Bassey, who puts up 17.8 points and 12.2 rebounds per game.
- Dayvion McKnight is Western Kentucky’s best passer, dispensing 3.2 assists per game while scoring 5.5 PPG.
- Luke Frampton’s 2.0 threes per game leads the Hilltoppers.
- Josh Anderson is Western Kentucky’s leader in steals, averaging 1.9 steals per game, while Bassey leads them in blocks with 3.4 per contest.
- Max Fiedler has racked up 9.1 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Owls leaderboards in those categories.
- Quincy Olivari counts for 15.9 points per game, making him the top scorer on Rice’s team.
- Travis Evee’s 3.2 made threes per game lead the Owls.
- Rice’s leader in steals is Evee with 1.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Fiedler with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends