The Wichita State Shockers (10-4) host the Temple Owls (4-6) after winning six straight home games. The Shockers are favored by 8.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 3:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 7, 2021. The matchup’s point total is 141.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Wichita State (-8.5)||Under (141)||Wichita State 75 Temple 64|
- In 42.9% of their opportunities this season (six of 14 chances), the Shockers and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s over/under of 141 points.
- Temple has played in four games this year (out of 10 total matchups — 40% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 141 points.
- These teams average a combined 137.9 points per game, 3.1 fewer points than the over/under of 141 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.5 less points per game (137.5) than this game’s over/under of 141 points.
- The average point total in Shockers games this season is two more points than the total of 141 in this matchup.
- Owls games this season have averaged a total of 132.4 points, 8.6 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Shockers put up 5.5 more points per game (74) than the Owls give up (68.5).
- Wichita State is 10-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread when scoring more than 68.5 points.
- When Temple gives up more than 74 points, it is 1-2-1 against the spread and 0-4 overall.
- The Owls score an average of 63.9 points per game, 5.1 fewer points than the 69 the Shockers allow.
- Temple is 2-0-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall when it scores more than 69 points.
- Wichita State’s record is 7-4 overall and 5-5-1 against the spread when it allows more than 63.9 points to its opponents.
- The Shockers have put up a total of 70 more points than their opponents this year (an average of five per game), while the Owls have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 46 total points, -4.6 per game).
Wichita State Betting Information
- Wichita State has been good against the spread this season, posting a 6-5-1 record.
- The Shockers have posted a losing record of 0-2 against the spread when the spread is -8.5 or bigger.
- In 7 of 12 (58.3%) contests this season, Wichita State and its opponents have hit the over.
Temple Betting Information
- The Owls have a winning record against the spread, going 5-4-1 ATS (covering 50% of the time).
- When they are at least 8.5-point underdogs, the Owls have fared well, going 1-0 against the spread.
- Temple has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 40% of matchups this season (4 out of 10 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/27/2020||Wichita State||-10.5||138||-610||+432||Regular Season||72-69 WICHST|
|1/15/2020||Wichita State||-4.5||137.5||-204||+165||Regular Season||65-53 TEMPLE|
|1/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-81 TEMPLE|
Wichita State Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Shockers this season is Tyson Etienne, who averages 17.9 points, 3.7 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game.
- Trey Wade leads Wichita State in rebounding, averaging 5.9 per game, while Alterique Gilbert leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.9 in each contest.
- Etienne connects on more threes per game than any other member of the Shockers, knocking down shots from deep at a clip of 3.0 per game.
- Gilbert and Dexter Dennis lead the Shockers on the defensive end, with Gilbert leading the team in steals averaging 1.6 per game and Dennis in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
- Damian Dunn scores 14.1 points per game and is the top scorer for the Owls.
- Temple’s leader in rebounds is Jake Forrester with 6.4 per game, and its leader in assists is Jeremiah Williams with 4.6 per game.
- Brendan Barry hits 2.0 three-pointers per game, the most on the Owls.
- Temple’s leader in steals is Williams (1.1 per game), and its leader in blocks is Nick Jourdain (0.5 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC State Wolf Pack: 2/24/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Mercer Bears vs. Chattanooga Mocs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Seton Hall Pirates vs. Butler Bulldogs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Furman Paladins vs. Citadel Bulldogs 2/24/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: 2/24/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends